Monday, March 28, 2011

Almost 2!

Kaelyn is officially, what they call, a 23-month old! That means she will be 2 in one month! I can't believe it and at the same time I can't believe she's not school aged. It depends on that particular day and how fast it went.

She is fascinated by anything water-related. Drinking fountains, sinks, bath tubs, and even little waterfalls at the zoo as you can see from this picture. She's kind of like my cat. She likes to drink FRESH water any chance she gets. Though I don't see how water from her dirty bath is all that fresh, but whatever! :)

I think we're going to go with Elmo again this year for
her birthday theme. She seems to be a bit obsessed with him, though I still can't figure out what it is that kids like!! Though she's not having a REAL big birthday party. I kind of wanted to get everyone together, family and friends, go to the zoo, whoever could, then have a get together at our house but with everyone's schedule it just doesn't work. I learned my lesson. Next year I'm not going to ask about schedules, I'm just going to plan whatever Kaelyn wants (assuming she cares by then!) and whoever can make it can make it and that's that! This year, we'll go to Sean's parents Friday Saturday before her birthday and have a little celebration there hopefully Friday. Then we'll go to my family's the weekend after for
a party there. We'll be home on her actual birthday (which is also ON Easter this year!) to do our own thing.

Kaelyn and I went to a church garage sale last week in town and there were plenty of kids toys and books available. But ALL she wanted to carry around was this big plastic pumpkin. There was one a little smaller than this with an actual handle, but nooo, she liked the BIG one with NO handle! Well, whatever! It was 10 cents so we got it along with a few books. And boy am I glad we did! She played with that thing ALL day! Carried it around, threw it down slides and stairs, you name it! She knew what she wanted! As you can see
she even slept with it in the car. And yes, it's March, but it's still cold so pumpkins work.

I'm starting to wonder if driving during her nap won't work much longer. I tend to like to take longer trips, like over to my parents, during Kaelyn's nap, but the last two times she's only slept an hour. She's happy when she wakes up and does just find, but she used to sleep the WHOLE way! Maybe she's getting out of that phase. A friend of mine has a son a year older and he stopped sleeping in the car around this age. There are probably too many things to see when riding.

In honor of Kaelyn's upcoming 2nd birthday I made doctor's and dentist appointments for her. Yeah! The doctor will (hopefully) be a simple appointment with a weight check and perhaps some questions. Not much poking and prodding. I still don't expect her to ENJOY it, but it's not a shot session so it will be a BIT better, perhaps. The dentist, I kind of dread. She lets me brush her teeth but she's still skittish around people she doesn't know and settings that are unfamiliar. I will hope for the best, but I pretty much expect the worse!

So watch for updates on the big 2 and doctor and dentist visits, coming to a blog near you!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Where are you going to the dentist at? Our pediatrician doesn't recommend it until after age three so I was going to ask him for names/numbers at Logan's 3-year check up on April 19th. I don't know what to expect for his first visit, either!

    ReplyDelete