Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kaelyn is 3!!!

 Kaelyn turned three at 12:01am on April 24th, 2012.  When she woke up in the morning, she was already officially three!  To celebrate, I had asked her several days before what she wanted to do.  She told me to go the zoo.  Off we went!  Actually, it was a bit of an ordeal because my glasses broke that morning and because I could not see, I couldn't fix them.  We had to stop by walmart for a little help on the way, but eventually, we made it and I was able to see the animals as well!  We were a little late, but we still got to do most of her favorite things.
 Her all time favorite thing right now is to feed the ducks and fish.  We took a TON of bread we had been saving up so she got to do that for a good long time.  We also saw the baby giraffe and this little gorilla, which was born the same year she was.  So they're kind of cousins or something.  :)  After the zoo, we met daddy at the nearby McDonald's, which has a play center inside.  We ate and she played until she was done.  Then we went home to draw a hundred more chalk bodies on the driveway before her nap.
 She must have known it was an exciting day because she didn't nap all THAT long.  It was warm outside so we went out to our little plastic pool on the porch and did some serious swimming.  For two hours!!  She had a great time doing that.  Once daddy got home, we made supper and she had her brownie for dessert and we opened presents.  We gave her a little talking Thomas train, a Furr Real duck, an angry birds shirt (which she wore the very next day proudly!) and then Sean gave her a styrofoam plane.
 The plane was similar to one my nephew had gotten at Christmas and Kaelyn really liked it.  The difference was that hers broke on the very first use.  And it only got worse from there.  The plane, within about 5 minutes of throwing it around in the back yard, was in about a dozen pieces.  I think Sean was more upset than KAelyn.  She didn't really care and happily threw the pieces down the slide for the rest of the evening.
My parents had called earlier to sing and she cordially listened. When we finally came inside, Sean's parents called and Kaelyn wouldn't really talk much.  She had already asked to go to bed.  We finally wore her out!  Then when my sister called even later and sang, Kaelyn said "all done" when their song was over.  She was tired of that song! :)

When I put her to bed, I sang it to her again anyways and when I was leaving the room she said, "birthday again?!"  I think that means she had a good day.  I told her we'd do it all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment