Friday, February 19, 2010

Shoes

Since Kaelyn has been taking 3-4 steps alone lately I thought it might be a good idea to get her a pair of shoes. It's certainly not nice outside so it'll be awhile before she really needs them but I thought maybe she would need to get used to them so she could try them on a bit inside and make sure they fit etc. Here's a picture of the shoes next to Kaelyn. There's a reason for that! Aren't they cute shoes? Don't they look comfy? I guess Kaelyn didn't think so. I had trouble getting them on her in the store but they looked like the right size so I just took them. Once we were home my mom got them on her while she was in my lap. Kaelyn didn't MOVE. She wouldn't walk. She wouldn't crawl. She wouldn't blink. She just SAT there. Very unlike her. And then she burst into tears. So the shoes came off. Ever since then I just SHOW her the shoes and she cries!

I can't blame Kaelyn for wanting to run around in socks or even in bare feet. I prefer that myself. However, there are enough businesses these days that adhere to the "no shirt, no shoes no service" policy that someday, she's going to HAVE to wear shoes! Plus, riding a bike, walking around on cement, playing in the wood bark at the park, those things just scream SHOES SHOES SHOES! I guess there's no hurry but spring WILL be here eventually and then what?! I'm thinking of finding another pair that's more bendy. The ones we got are pretty stiff so maybe she just didn't like the feel of them. If we get more slipper-like things for her to get used to...maybe. Worth a try, I guess!

You may have noticed Ollie in some pictures here. He's been a little diva lately. Always wanting to be in the shot! I think it's because we were away for several days and he wants to be a part of the action. Even the baby action! He's lonely and trying to make up for lost attention time, I guess.

Speaking of being away, we went to my parents house over the weekend because Sean's brother lives near them and he wanted to help him with a project. Sean then had to go on a business trip for a few days after that so Kaelyn and I stayed. It was SUCH a good time. We went to lunch everyday (Chick-Fil-A anyone?!) we did some errands here and there, and just had PEOPLE around all the time. There's something to be said about having someone to chat with! It really works miracles for making the day go by quickly. Today we're back home and back to being alone again so I imagine the day will go slower. But so far Kaelyn has
had a good time entertaining herself with the toys we left behind.
They seem like new to her now. Hopefully that will last the whole day since it's snowing again and we won't go far. Though I do think a trip to the library is in the works....

As for shoes, I just hope Kaelyn doesn't have the shoe issues I had. My feet started growing in third grade. I mean REALLY growing. I went from cute third grade kid feet to size 10 in women's in no time flat. My parents were buying shoes all the time in bigger and bigger sizes and just hoped they'd stop before I grew into the men's section too far. Luckily size 10 is an each enough size to find in women's but I feel like one of my feet is a little bigger than the other so one shoe is always tight and the other loose. I HATE shoe shopping, it's like the worst kind of torture out there in the world. And yet when I HAVE to have shoes it's nearly impossible to find ones I like AND that are comfortable enough to wear for more than 5 minutes. I hope that wasn't Kaelyn's problem with her shoes. They LOOKED comfy! Course, that can be very deceiving in shoe-wear!

Hopefully by the spring I can convince her that shoes are awesome because I'm pretty sure she's going to want to be outside ALL the time. And without shoes her feet will look like an old woman's like mine in no time flat. AND it will limit the places we can go...the no shirt no shoes no service thing and all. Until then, be free and run barefoot little baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment