Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Night Away


Well we managed to survive! By we I mean me. Kaelyn was fine and I knew she would be! Saturday, due to MY suggestion, Sean took Kaelyn to my parents house. I was going to follow them Sunday, I had a concert to attend Saturday night for work. They left at 1:15 Saturday afternoon so Kaelyn could nap in the car. I proceeded to go back to bed! :) It WAS naptime, afterall! Then I finished a book I was reading. Finished as in read the last 200 pages of it! Then I finished watching the movie 2012 Sean and I had started the night before. He had finished watching it already but I was busy entertaining Kaelyn and hadn't seen much of the last hour or so. After that I did some laundry, re-arranged KAelyn's toys a bit (she wasn't here to play with them so someone had to!) and other various things around the house. I went to Wendy's for supper and then was GOING to get a haircut but the place I go closes at 5, who knew! I arrived at 5:04. Oh well. It's been 10 months already, I Can wait longer!

I went to the Robin Mark concert and sat at the KGBI table and talked to listeners, introduced the group, and watched some of the concert. I actually stayed up till 10:30 that night, can you believe it?! And sleeping in the house alone was totally awesome. No noise, no cries in the middle of the night, no reason to get up and get going before someone else wakes up (like a baby needing breakfast!) It had to be the best night of sleep in 15+ months. I laid around sleeping on and off until 7am! Then I finally got up, ran, got a massage on my massage bed and slowly got packed up and ready for the day. I can't believe how much I got done in such a short amount of time alone! I left home at 9 so I could be at my parents by lunchtime. I don't know what I expected but I hoped Kaelyn missed me at least a little. When Sean came in with her she reached for me but she wasn't desperate to get to me. IT was like, oh, hi mama, whatever!

I had a GREAT time with time to myself. I was a little nervous to let her go. Not that I had any concerns that she wouldn't do fine, but just because she's my baby and that's what mamas do! On her side, Sean drove her over and they stopped at a park to run around for a bit. I think they just played at my parents house all evening. I hear there was an incident at bedtime...she didn't have her rubber duck...but it was quickly rectified once the duck was found and delivered to her! Other than that, she slept till 7 the next morning and was a perfect guest, from what I hear! So...now that we know this works okay...I may just have to send her and Sean away more often, ha! There was another quirk in her schedule...we'll call it the veggie puff incident! It's actually funny and no big deal. I told my mom and Sean to take her container of veggie puffs from the food bag with them to church because we would be having a late lunch and she'd be hungry before that and that would hold her off. Well, they took a container of veggie puffs and it WAS in A food bag, but I sent two food bags and I guess I meant the OTHER food bag! The food bag that had the SMALL bowl of veggie puffs. They took the LARGE bowl of veggie puffs that had enough to last for DAYS. I had one bowl ready for her and a bigger container with what she would need for the rest of the trip. And can you believe she ate almost ALL of the puffs from that big container? DAYS worth of veggie puffs? I guess she was hungry! :)

I'm pretty sure Kaelyn is officially done with taking two naps in a day. It's been more of an adjustment for me than for her! She hasn't taken two naps in over a week. She only did ONCE all last week. So I've kind of given up on trying. Unless she were to get up REALLY early, then I might. But she's been sleeping till 7 at the earliest. Sometimes 7:30 or even later (on the REALLY good days!) So that makes a morning nap hard anyways. The only problem with the afternoon nap is that if we go somewhere in the morning and then have to drive home she gets REALLY sleepy in the car. It's really hard to keep her awake and the last thing I want is for her to fall asleep because then the minute we get home she'd be up and that would be IT for naps for the day. That's certainly not okay! With me, at least! :) So far I've managed to keep her awake but it's a challenge.

I discovered this weekend that not only can Kaelyn identify things in books like cat, ball, shoes, etc, but she also knows the numbers 1-10! I had no idea! She has a book that you push each number and it says it out loud. She plays with that book in the car a lot. When I rode in the back with her once I said, Kaelyn, which one is the number 7? And she poked the 7. I did this for the remaining 9 numbers and she got them ALL Right with no hesitation. I was impressed. I guess all the book reading and playing is paying off. She may not talk, but she sure understands and is learning plenty!

Since she knows numbers and some other objects I taught her the face over the weekend. She already knew where her nose was so I did chin, cheeks, hair, ears, things like that. She won't do them on herself (except the nose) but she likes pointing MINE out. And that works too. She can see mine easier. Hmm, what can I teach her next...calculus? haha, that'll be the day!!

Since I had such a good time being alone I'm anxious to do it again. That may be weeks or months away, but I look forward to it! We both survived and maybe even enjoyed it! I know I did! And she seemed like she couldn't care less about being away from me...thank you very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment