Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Steamy hot

Why is it that kids don't seem to feel the heat? Or at least don't care! It's FELT like over 100 degrees the past few days but I can only keep Kaelyn inside for so long. Usually after her second nap (on the days that there IS a second nap) I take her out to the driveway because by the late afternoon the house shades part of it so we can at LEAST play in partial shade. Yesterday, of course, she wasn't happy with that so she ran all the way around the house and wanted to play on the slide, in the FULL sun. No shade, no breeze, sticky hot. But she (as you can see from the picture) was having a GREAT time!

She also got up earlier yesterday so she had two naps. That was nice because we had a lunch date with some friends and I didn't want her to fall asleep in the car on the way home. It's 7:20 now and she seems to be waking. I guess I'll end by saying I'm glad cooler weather is on the way and hope that it stays, though the forecast says that it will not!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I can't wait for cooler weather! Logan actually hasn't enjoyed playing outside this summer (which is fine by me) but Kaelyn looks like she's been having a blast! I can't wait to get season tickets to Vala's pretty soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete