Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kaelyn and the wasp

I've started doing Kaelyn's hair up in a ponytail on a regular basis. It's just getting so long it's in her eyes all the time. So it's good to get it out of her face, that way I can see her pretty eyes! She does NOT appreciate having it done, but I do it while she's in the bath tub playing and holding SEMI still! I work fast so she doesn't yell at me for too long!

We were at my parents over the weekend. Sean's brother closed on a house so we went to help him paint etc. Well, SEAN helped, I should say. Kaelyn and I watched one morning for a few hours! :) We were playing on the slide in my parents backyard Sunday morning, she was sitting at the top, and she turned around and picked something up. I glanced down at her hand and saw that she had picked up a WASP! It must have been crawling around next to her. She probably was going to taste it because she's FINALLY into putting more things into her mouth. I freaked and practically threw Kaelyn down the slide trying to get her away from the wasp. That sudden motion DID make her drop it. She was like, what's the deal mama?! The wasp looked like it was injured or something, probably why it was crawling around next to her slow enough for her to pick it up in the first place! So I rolled over it with her toy truck to put it out of its misery. Thank goodness she didn't get stung! IT all ended well. Except for for the wasp, I guess!

Over the weekend my mom went out to mow and she had her hair back and a hat on and sunglasses on. Three things Kaelyn had NEVER seen before. Kaelyn was running around the house and my mom picked her up and kissed her and she FREAKED out. She must have thought it was a stranger. She came running to me like someone bite her and cried and cried. She was really scared. Poor thing. Poor nana, too, she felt bad for scaring her! The good news is, though, Kaelyn didn't yell at her uncle Paul at all when she saw him, yeah! She was still real shy when he was around and stuck to me like glue, but she didn't scream at all! And she did really well around her other uncles (Sean's brothers) and grandparents too. She played happily with me and let them talk to her on occasion. Gee, that was nice of her! :)

We have a pretty full week. A Mops playdate today and planning meeting tomorrow. Friday we hope to make our weekly zoo visit with a friend and Friday night I might even get to go to a movie with that friend (minus our kids!) First movie I will have seen in over 2 years, probably! Sean and I saw 4 Christmases whatever December it was that that one came out and that's the last one I've seen in theaters. I keep up with my netflix, but never get out to see one on the BIG screen. So it'll be a treat!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Kaelyn didn't get stung - I can still remember getting stung by a bee when I was two years old!

    Yesterday I found a dead wasp in Logan's room! I actually saved it to show Joe because I'm still so confused as to how it got there. I'm guessing it couldn't have lived long since none of us saw it, but still. . .those are scary bugs! Even Logan could tell the difference the first time he saw one - a couple of weeks ago he was playing in his sandbox and came inside, telling me with a shiver, "Big bug!" He's never been scared of bugs before so I tried to get him to come with me back outside but he wouldn't. That's when I saw a wasp and realized he was right to come in! I haven't seen it since so now I'm wondering if during that time that our door was open if somehow it sneaked in, flew upstairs, and that's the one that I found dead yesterday! I'll be glad when wasp season is over.

    Anyway, we are looking forward to Friday!!! (And me Friday eve!) Showtimes aren't up yet for Twin Creek (if that's the theater you want to go to) but Thursday's schedule has a 6:15 and 7:10 so we can tentatively plan for one of those :-) Let me know what time you want to meet at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete