Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Get Er Done at the Zoo

Let me remind you that Kaelyn doesn't appreciate having her hair done. It's so long now, though, that to keep it out of her eyes and off her pretty face I HAVE to do something to it. Normally that's one little ponytail in the middle of her head. Sean kept wanting me to do two and I would give him a look like...YOU do two! I'm lucky to get ONE in! :) However, over the weekend when he was home he watched me do her hair in the bath tub and the miracle of the event was that when he was watching, she didn't mind! So the next day I attempted two...WITH him watching. She didn't mind so much AND it was really cute! Today, though, we're back to one! :)

Sean went with us to the zoo over the weekend. His second full fledged trip of the year. Our 34th, if my tally is correct. It might be more than that. He went once on Kaelyn's birthday and has met us for lunch over there a few times. It's fun to take "new" people to the zoo because I get to see things like they're new through them. And Kaelyn has someone different to show around and show off for! She enjoyed petting the polar bear as he swam by on one of our four trips last week. When we don't have anything to do, we go to the zoo. And I guess we didn't have much to do last week!

Speaking of the zoo...we didn't have anything going on today so we went. Kaelyn was running through the aquarium and got to the end of the tunnel with all the fish. At the end there were a bunch of bright lights and cameras and I thought, huh, they must be doing a news cast or something weird like that. Kaelyn ran RIGHT for it so I followed. Then out of the lights comes Larry the Cable Guy! A lady was talking to him telling him how much she loves his movies etc. It looked like they had just got done filming whatever they were filming. Kaelyn was definitely on a mission to walk into the light or something, she was headed right for the action, surprisingly. A zoo security guy took a step forward like he was going to guard the big star from the little 16 month old! :) I caught her in time and Larry the cable guy and his fan headed down the tunnel the way we had come. Along with the crew who began turning off their lights. I wish we'd been a few minutes earlier so we could have seen what was going on! If you ever see Larry the Cable guy in anything that involves the zoo, let me know! We were ALMOST in that! :)

That was our big adventure of the day. Kaelyn is napping now and after that, I think a walmart run is in store. Right now burgers are calling to be patted out so I must answer their yell. That's weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment