Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend and Mops

Kaelyn had a way fun weekend. Saturday there was a harvest festival going on in Plattsmouth so we checked that out in the morning. There wasn't much going on yet but we walked through a garage sale in one of the stores and a book sale as well. We also went through the quilt and flower show at the church. Kaelyn wasn't impressed by that, but Sean was! :)

After nap time we went to a co-workers of Sean's for a work party. They live on a beach at a lake. You walk down their deck stairs and you're on the beach! I think that would be a great place
to go for a weekend but I would NOT want to live there. Their house must be full of sand ALL the time! They used to even have a dog, which had to make it all that much worse! It was a nice house, though, and Kaelyn LOVED the beach. She was a little leary at first with all the people she didn't know but once Sean got her into the water, she had a ball. She had her duck with her (of course) which made for a GREAT water toy since it floated. I also grabbed a big yellow wiffle ball from the car that she could toss. She'd throw it into the water, go in, get it, run up the beach to me, then back to the water to repeat the process. It wasn't long
before she sat in the water and from then on she was completely soaked. Oh well, what do you expect! It WAS a beach, afterall! The water was pretty cold, though! She didn't care. After we ate we went for a golf cart ride around the lake. Kaelyn giggled at that when we first took off. Then sat comfortably for the rest of the ride. What a big day for her! Her first beach party! She'd been to one other beach but she didn't like that experience. She's bigger now and more into water games, I guess.

Today was our first Mops meeting, as I mentioned before. The bigger kids were in the basement so Kaelyn and I hung out with them for a few minutes before the meeting. She just watched from my lap. The real little kids went upstairs to the nursery. There were only three others besides Kaelyn. There was an older lady in there as well as a high school aged girl. I took Kaelyn in hoping for the best. I set her down and she got pretty interested in the see n say toy the lady was playing with and she went right over. She didn't seem to care that I was there so I left! I
enjoyed 10 minutes of the meeting alone and then went back to peek in the window and check on her. She was just SOBBING. The older lady was holding her and she was just SOBBING. I felt awful! So I went in and got her at which point she uttered her full force "you're killing me" scream! :) Has to ramp it up when she sees mama, you know. So I know what I put her through! :) I took her back to the meeting with me. I brought our church bag of toys in anyways so we played on the floor. I heard MOST of the speaker and got to participate in the meeting somewhat. I just didn't want the poor lady in the nursery to have to hold Kaelyn the whole time when there were other kids that needed attention. And I can't stand to see my baby upset. I know someday (preschool!) I'll have to walk away and let her be upset if she's upset. But that day hasn't come yet and when she's sobbing for me, I go to her!

But we survived the mops meeting and even enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm sad we can't go next month because we'll be out of town. At least I know when November rolls around it IS possible to enjoy the meeting AND entertain Kaelyn! We'll REALLY want things to do once that time of year rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment