Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trains Planes Etc

This picture is from my parents house. That's me mom's cat in the background. Kaelyn likes the cats a lot more than her face shows in this picture! :) She pets my moms cats a lot more than ours. But she does like to help me brush Ollie on occasion. She generally prefers to step on him, which he does not appreciate.

We have some train tracks near our neighborhood entrance. You can hear the trains honk at our house. No matter what we're doing, whenever a train honks, Kaelyn throws one of her arms up in the air and looks at me. I then have to say "TRAIN!!!" in a very excited manner. She also does this trick when holding thing. A toy, a food, whatever. If she throws it up in the air in her hand like that I have to tell her what it is. This gets giggles, so of course I do it! :)

Kaelyn also has a fascination with planes. We must live on the track from the air force base because planes often fly over. Though they're high enough up we can't always see them. But we hear them and that's enough! Anytime we hear a plane, Kaelyn waves her little hand off. Do you think she thinks the pilot and passengers etc can see her? And are waving back? Perhaps!

All of these are cute little nuances that make me love her all the more.

Today is our first mops meeting of the year (mothers of pre-schoolers). I was hoping to TRY putting Kaelyn in with the free childcare but after she screamed bloody murder when I tried to leave the room to go to the bathroom over the weekend I'm now thinking that probably is not going to be possible. I arranged for the first speaker so I really want to be there. I'm taking in the bag of church toys (quiet things we can play with!) and I'm hoping for the best. I guess we'll see how this meeting goes before I can say how anxious I will be to go to the meetings yet to come! If only there were a train track nearby that building...or at least a plane flying over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment