Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stir Crazy


I'm getting a little stir crazy with the cold, winter weather. There have been several days this winter when it's been SO cold we haven't even left the house to go to the mailbox. Sean, bring the mail in on your way home! There have been several days when our plans have been derailed because of snow or cold.

Kaelyn has lots of neat toys, but after playing with them for 12 hours a day SEVERAL days in a row...I'm bored. She's bored. The toys are bored. We just want to go to the mailbox!

We're facing another few days of being stuck inside. Alone. An ice storm is on the way, it sounds. I doubt we'll have our normal weekly Nana visit. I doubt we'll venture out because mama isn't very steady on her feet when it comes to ice and she'd hate to drop the baby!! How many days can the toys take of being played with and played with and played with before they throw themselves out the window to escape?

We did get a new table/stand up toy at walmart last week so that helps. And there's always the old standby favorite, my niece's ball toy. The balls go round and round and down and down and the music plays and plays. Sometimes this toy goes off when we're not even in the room...creepy! Then there are the shape toys where you put the shapes in the right holes. There are the toys you drag alone on the floor. The small ones you hold and turn over and over in your hands. The musical ones. The regular ones like boxes and tissue paper. They seem endless when they are strewn about on the floor, but when they've been played with for 12 hours, they seem so few.

I'm sure this spring when Kaelyn doesn't EVER want to be inside, I'll look back on our inside time fondly. Maybe? But for now, we're going stir crazy! That's all there is to it. I don't know how many more days of isolation I can take. And I'm pretty sure the toys feel the same way!!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to make it over today! Next winter will be a lot better - at least it is for me so far because Logan isn't so dependent on me for entertainment. It's always true, though, that there are so many more & better options when the weather is nicer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to that! I definitely feel that entertainment-dependence thing. I can't wait for Kaelyn to get better at playing on her own every now and then

    ReplyDelete