Thursday, July 14, 2011

Branson Trip-Thursday

Kaelyn woke up rough again on Thursday due to duck loss. I need to chain those things to her wrist or something! It was a bit before 7 and I wasn't quite ready to wake up myself, but what do you do! Once she had her duck and rolled around awhile all was well. She actually got ready before most people, but once everyone was ready, we headed back to Silver Dollar City for another fun-filled day!




This time, we went to the small kids area first with the little rides. Kaelyn actually rode the frog ride with me after watching my niece and nephew ride. She just sat there the whole time, totally expressionless. I think I had more fun than her, but she didn't hate it and wasn't scared, so that was nice! She didn't seem to want to go on again, but the one time we went was great. :)




We explored a little and then it was time for the big stunt dog show that my niece was REALLY looking forward to. We all attended that and Kaelyn, again, was rather afraid at first. Before the show started she had fun going up and down the stairs but they started the show with some strobe lights and the dogs had on costumes with lights so the stadium was mostly dark. You couldn't even really see that there were dogs and it was something TOTALLY new for Kaelyn and she was just afraid. The crowd was cheering loudly on and off too so that wasn't helping. She wasn't loud about her scared-ness, though, she just burrowed her head into me and cried a little bit. After they turned the lights up and we could SEE the dogs, she seemed to enjoy it more. She started moving around, quite a bit, really, and pointing at the dogs some. She giggles a few times. Those dogs could do some neat tricks! They rode tandum bikes, skateboards, did obstacle courses, all sorts of things.




After the dog show we had lunch and headed back out for more fun! Some of them rode a water shooting boat ride, which I got to ride later and got TOTALLY soaked on. It was a fun ride, though. Something different for a water ride and pretty fun. It was sure nice that Sean and Kaelyn had a good time wandering, playing, and exploring so I could go on a few rides here and there!




There was another kids area that we didn't hit the last day we were there. Part of it was Geyser Gulch, which had squirting water, but then there was a large treehouse with all sorts of entertaining things. There were stairs to climb and slides to go down and all these foam balls to shoot at targets. Kaelyn's favorite part, other than the slides, was the foam ball pit. It was actually a small box that was just corralling the balls. I think you were supposed to take balls FROM the box and shoot them etc. But Kaelyn wanted to get IN the box and why not! She had a great time rolling around in there. She also enjoyed shooting the balls with Sean, once she realized how that worked.




We ended up back at the area that had the slide and bounce place for littler kids eventually and Kaelyn had a GREAT time there again as well. She did a lot of bouncing and went down the slide a few times. Then we went to meet the rest of the group, who had gone BACK to the dog show. My niece got a wax figure made of her hand, something she was fascinated with the day before. Then most of the group went to some farm area while my dad and I rode Thunderation, a wooden roller coaster. I didn't want to go on one that went upside down and this one, from what we could tell on the map, didn't. It was a nice roller coaster, I liked it a lot. It didn't have any major big drops and didn't go upside down either. Just lots of crazy turns and fast speeds. It was just my style. We actually rode it twice, don't tell. The lines were short and my dad's a big kid. :)




Once we met up with the group again we headed out for the day, returned to the house for a steak dinner and some went swimming while Kaelyn simmered down for bed. I'm impressed with how well she did over those two days at the amusement park, really. The second day was even better than the first. The first day she was kind of having fits when I wouldn't carry her, but the second day, I think she realized where we were and that it was a fun place etc and she knew how things worked. She didn't sleep either time, though she seemed tired for many parts of the day. But she didn't do too bad having no nap. Probably because she was highly entertained the whole time. The not napping caught up with her the next day last time, so we'll see what tomorrow is like for her! It was a special event that I do NOT plan to let happen often! She WILL nap from here on out! :) I hope. She better not realize she can get away with it and still survive. I don't know that I could survive many days of THAT much action with her in a row. But for vacation, it worked.




We're looking forward to tomorrow because it's our big Noah's Ark show day. Everyone but my parents and Kaelyn are going. I didn't want to take her to a show THAT long she may or may not like. So my parents will go Saturday on their own after we all leave. The show will take up much of the day, but we'll have the morning to do some other things.




This week is going really fast, I must say. I look forward to catching up on things at home, but after that, I think Kaelyn and I will be bored being all alone again next week with just our normal things to do! What do you do! Back to the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment