Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Potty Party

Last night, Kaelyn and I had a potty party!!!!

She tends to enjoy being naked in the evenings and I tend to let her. This can be a problem when she has to go potty, however. Last night, I took her diaper off at like 6pm. So I decided to follow her around EVERYWHERE with the potty chair. If she needed to go, I was GOING to catch her! :) Or so I hoped.

So, at about 7:45, we were in the playroom and she tinkled. I didn't catch her. She gave no indication she had to go and it happened fast and that was that. Bummer, the potty chair was RIGHT there.

Then we moved into the family room and she was poking around down there again and I said, "Kaelyn, do you need to go potty again?" She said yes so I told her to sit right down on her potty chair and go...and she DID!! I couldn't BELIEVE IT! It was a small little turd, but it was a poop ON the potty and I was SO excited.

We had quite the little potty party. We got up and danced and jumped and shouted. Kaelyn was pretty excited by the little party. I also gave her a few pieces of candy and then we partied some more. You have to start somewhere!! Can't wait for our next potty party!

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me...when you used to tell me about naked time, I figured it must be different with a girl - that maybe I'd be able to if I had a daughter...well now that I do, I still don't know how you do it! Krissa pees and poops just as much as Logan always did before he was potty trained. My kids won't be naked for more than 30 seconds as long as they're living with me, LOL. But I'm glad it worked for your potty party!!!

    ReplyDelete