Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Branson Trip-Wednesday

Wednesday we decided to take a break from the big Branson stuff and go swimming again in the morning. However, we woke up to rain. It rained and thundered overnight but I had hoped it would go away. It didn't. After awhile it let up and we checked to see if the indoor pool was open. It wasn't. The rain lightened so we went to the outdoor pool anyways and after we were in for a few minutes the rain stopped. It was cloudy and cooler, but the water was still nice and warm. Kaelyn played a little bit in the baby pool and floated with me in the big pool some, but this time, her favorite thing was the steps that went into the big pool. She would jump down the first step then walk down the next three. Then turn around and go back up again! Over and over again. There are only 4 steps so she was almost completely in the pool on her own. But going down the 4th step would have put the water over her mouth so I'm glad she never tried because I think that would have scared her. She stumbled a few times here and there and wasn't pleased so she was happy with the way things were. My dad squirted her with a water gun in the back and she thought that was funny. Maybe she's starting to get over her fear of sprinklers and shooting water. It's just unexpected to her, I guess, so she doesn't always appreciate it.












After our rainy swim we had lunch at the house and the guys were supposed to go golfing, but the rain started up again so that got put on the back burner. Poor them! :) However, an hour later, they were able to get out and go. Kaelyn woke up from her nap majorly grumpy and did a lot of screaming throughout the afternoon. That was not pleasant. She was probably tired from the big day before and she didn't nap long enough to make up for it. We had a nice time while the boys were golfing and my mom went to pick up my sister and niece (they had gone to see the Dixie Stampede). We blew bubbles and rode scooters and bowled, but mostly she yelled. We had spagetti for supper and that perked her up for the evening hours.








It was a nice evening, Sean and I actually got to go out and go mini-golfing! Sean had picked up a few brochures of places we were pretty sure we had been so we looked through our coupon book for the area and found a place we hadn't been before. They had two courses, a knight/castle type course and a jungle type course. We played the knight course and Sean beat my by 3 or 4. It was pretty even but I choked in the end. Then we decided to play the other course too and Sean only beat my by 1. So he won both, but it was a close one! It was a good time. We haven't mini-golfed in forever. And the course was PMGA certified! Did you know there was pro mini golf? I hadn't ever really thought about it, but I guess there's probably pro everything!








I was able to make my own ice cream treat when we got home. Nicole has been making a smore creation for me every night. It's awesome. Vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, gram crackers crumbs. Totally awesome and tasty and all that good stuff. She's a great chef.




After all the kids went to bed we played some poker for awhile. I, once again, succeeded in ridding of all my chips first so I could go to bed. Apparently, it came down to my mom and Sean and Sean ended up winning. Even though my mom is conservative with her chips and not a great bluffer from what I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment