Monday, July 11, 2011

Brason Trip-Monday





I'm getting lazy! Kaelyn woke me up for the second day in a row at 7:15am. I usually get up hours before her. Oh well, that's what vacation is for! She had lost a duck so she started the day a bit rough but she was up and playing in no time. Actually, she played hard for over 2 hours! The neighborhood pool opened at 10 so we decided to go there this morning since it was SO hot outside. I gave Kaelyn a quick bath before hand just to keep our routine going and then we all threw on suits and headed over there.
















The pool area is very nice. There's a big outdoor pool with a baby wading pool next to it. There's also an indoor pool but it was closed for maintenance today. Kaelyn started out in the wading pool and was screaming in delight. She had her two ducks with her so she'd throw them in, wade in, get them, wade out, repeat. Eventually she had a little interest in the bigger pool and would wander over there, go down one step, and then go back to the baby pool. After awhile, she'd go down two steps, then three. This all took over an hour. Then, when I was completely IN the big pool once and Sean was with her in the baby pool, she came over and just wanted to jump off the side onto me. So I bounced her around the big pool for quite some time. I now wish we were in water at ALL times. It's SO much easier to carry an approximately 30 pound kid in water! She continued to go back and forth between the two pools the whole time...as her diaper got bigger and bigger. :)
















At one point, I was pulled into a chicken fight with my niece. It was me and my dad vs. my niece Nicole and her dad. I had her completely knocked over but her legs were still clinging so I'm not sure if she was all the way out. I don't know how she held on that way. It was pretty funny. I couldn't stop laughing.
















After Kaelyn's diaper was bigger than the rest of her and she was starting to get hungry and crabby, we headed back to the house for lunch. She enjoyed "sharing" a freezer pop with Sean after, though she ate way more of it than him. We played a bit, then naptime! She's doing really well with her talking. She still mostly points and grunts at things, but if you tell her to say something, she'll say it back to you, or something that sounds somewhat similar. She's getting the idea. Her word for "swim" is pretty cute. It's more of just an s sound, actually, it kind of sounds like suess or something. Her favorite phrase right now, though, is daddy stinky. I have to admit, I taught her that. :) Only because SHE was stinky one time and I wanted HIM to change her so I told her to go say that to him. She did and now she says it ALL the time! Oops...



While Kaelyn was napping we had some crafting to do. I made Sean a camoflage duct tape bag for his ipad. It's very manly. Okay, so it still kind of looks like a purse. The duct tape was very sticky and ended up all over my hands, which then stuck to everything else!












After Kaelyn's nap and everyone else's showers we played for awhile and then packed up to go to supper. Our 95 year old grandpa has told a story for as long as we can remember about the home of the throwed roll, a restaurant in the area that throws rolls to you when you raise your hand up. He tells it over and over again and we thought he would be really tickeled if we went there. It was a 45 min drive but the wait once we got there was short and the service was fast. The rolls were good...hot too! And very throwed. :) Most of us brought food home because the portions were huge. We may not have to cook again the rest of the week! We took some pictures and videos of the experience and called grandpa to tell him we were there JUST for him! And it was fun for us too.












By the time we got home it was time to pack it in for the day and Kaelyn returned once again to her bed in the closet. Poor thing. :) After all of the kids were in bed we played Texas Hold Em poker. I have beat Sean and his dad and brothers at that game before, but that night, I didn't do so well. After awhile I started betting on everything so I could get rid of my chips and go to bed. I succeeded in being the first one out. :) Tomorrow...Silver Dollar City.

No comments:

Post a Comment