Sunday, July 10, 2011

Brason Trip-Sunday

On Sunday, I actually outslept everyone but Sean and Kaelyn! That never happens. I'm ususally up by 5:30 or 6:30 at the latest. But since Kaelyn had duck issues all night long, I guess I was worn out and didn't get up until she woke me at 7:30! We did some playing and had breakfast and we all got ready. The only tub in the house is the big jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom. Kaelyn didn't really appreciate her bath, so hopefully she'll get used to it as the week goes by. But the good news about the morning was that she let me do her hair without screaming at me. Normally, she wants to hold ALL of the combs in the entire house during the process. I'm not kidding, the kid ends up with 4 combs. I just need ONE to get her hair up! So it's an ordeal to wrestly a comb from her in order to actually DO that. Today, however, she was mesmerized by a shark bath toy they had in the bathroom (there were plenty of other bath toys too!) so I got to use the comb without getting yelled at! That was nice!








Once she was ready, we rode the statues across the street and wandered a bit while everyone else got ready. It was HOT and STICKY even before 9am. After all were beautified, we went to the visitor's center, asked some questions, and took a few brochures. I saw signs on the way in for a restaurant that is known for being "the home of the throwed roll." This is somewhere I feel my family HAS to go while we are here. My 95 year old grandpa tells a story about going to that restaurant CONSTANTLY and I think he would be really tickled if we go there in his honor. We'll have to try to take lots of pictures to show him and maybe even call him from there. So we asked about that restaurant and hopefully we can go there later in the week.








The next stop was the world famous...Wal-mart. :) We needed a few more supplies and we thought to buy Kaelyn a little baby pool to play in for the week. Then we came back to the house, set up the pool, played, and had lunch. The guys headed out to golf on the course that the house is on and Kaelyn, since she had a rough night, was majorly grumpy so she was ready to nap by 12:30. Pretty early for her, but what do you do! I napped too.








The biggest problem I foresee about this week is that it's nasty sticky hot. The forecast is saying upper 90s for the entire week with no real break. We have plans to go to Silver Dollar City and even the neighborhood pool has NO shade, so we could be in for a lot of sweating this week.




After Kaelyn got up from her nap, she played in the blow up pool we bought and put on the back deck for her, then we went to a few stores. Since it was Sunday there weren't all that many open and the ones we went to didn't have much to see so we were only gone an hour. We came back and played more, waited for the golfers, who returned very hot and sticky, then had chicken for supper. My sister and her crew arrived about 7 for the REAL fun to begin! :) They unpacked and the ice cream treats flowed. We made some general plans for the rest of the week and called it a night. Kaelyn went to bed easily again and, thankfully, didn't lose her ducks all night...until 7:15 the next morning.








No comments:

Post a Comment