Tuesday, May 4, 2010

8th anniversary


8 years ago today Sean and I got married. It was a beautiful day, in the 70s, a light breeze, nice blue sky with a few white puffy clouds. I remember waking up in my parents hotel room at like 6am. I still didn't know what I was going to do with my hair. My mom spent a lot of time on it with a curling iron so it had a slight wave to it at the bottom. I think she re-did it three times before the actual wedding. My hair just likes to be straight. I put a fake diamond barrette in at the side to keep it out of my face and viola, wedding hair! :) I remember my sister running around the morning of her wedding after being at the hairdressers with her veil in her hair. It was pretty funny going in to Hy-vee to get flowers with her all done up like that! :)

Anyways, one of my bridesmaids put curlers in her hair and then we went to Burger King for lunch on the way to church so she was styling as well!

Family and friends met at the church to take pictures and I put my dress on and made sure I had chapstick nearby. I'm not in to make up so chapstick is my make-up must. My only must. Sean and I wanted to take pictures before the ceremony so we wouldn't keep the guests waiting too long at the reception. So after we were both ready he came in and we had a few minutes alone before the flashing lights began. He brought me a long stemmed white rose. I still have it.

The ceremony began at 4pm. My mom and dad walked me down the aisle. My mom kept saying "I can't do this, I can't do this, I'm going to lose it!" I kept thinking, but you don't have to DO anything! :) But I just told her I loved her and she made it! I just wanted her to know that I knew I was doing the right thing. A lot of brides are nervous, get cold feet, whatever, but I never had a second thought. I was going to marry Sean. I wanted to marry Sean. I never wanted to be with anyone else. It was that simple.

I remember the minister (who was Sean's roomates brother) saying he had enjoyed getting to know us while planning the wedding over the last 8 months to a year. I wanted to correct him so badly! :) Sean proposed in December and we married in May so it was really only like 4 months, so there! :) It all seemed to go pretty fast, really. We have it on video and said we'd watch it every year on our anniversary. I think the last time I saw it was around our 3 year anniversary so we didn't stick to that idea!

Sean would want me to mention that we drove from the church to the reception in his 56 baby blue cadillac. It has since burned up in a fire, but it was way cool at the time. He even changed into blue suede shoes to match. Why not, I was wearing black sandals so we were both styling then.

The reception was in a hotel banquet room nearby. The food was great. It was fun to see everyone and get to chat with some people. It's kind of a whirlwind day. I know there were people there that I didn't really get to talk to. I guess that's understandable! I think I liked the clinking of the glasses to get the bride and groom to kiss tradition best.

We went to Colorado Springs for our honeymoon and stayed in a little cabin there. It snowed once! We saw a lot of Elk. We grilled burgers. Explored the park. There was a little stream behind our cabin that was really neat. The whole area was just beautiful.

This morning Sean gave me a card with a gift card in it for a spa package. I just looked it up online and here's what it includes is below.

Express Package…
For that someone on the go.
A Mini Facial - a light exfoliation , mini facial massage and mask topped off with hydration!
A 1/2 Hour Massage - focus on a specific area…just the essentials.
A Mini Pedicure- Soak, slough and polish
Manicureprovides everything someone special needs to get a quick spa fix…2 hours and viola!

Whoa! I'm not really into the manicure, but the rest sounds cool! Maybe I can get a little longer massage instead or something. Whatever did I do to deserve all that? Take care of a baby for the past year, I guess! I told him the second part of my gift has to be TIME to go USE the card! :) Not to sound demanding...

I'm lucky Sean chose me. I'm lucky we met. I'm lucky he asked me to marry him and then went through with it! :) Happy anniversary to Sean! I hope the next 8 years are even better! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment