Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend and Moustaches


We had a great memorial day weekend. We visited my parents and celebrated my niece's birthday (which is coming up June 2) and my birthday (June 4). My mom and I went to Chick-Fil-A EVERY day...except Sunday of course! We went to parks, bookstores, Kohl's, lots of fun places.

My parents had a little pool set up on their covered back deck which Kaelyn had a blast in. Mostly she would stick her hand in it and let it run down her arm when she brought it back out and shot it into the air. We put some floating toys in there, though, and a couple of times she crawled into the water to get to them. This led to taking all of her clothes and even her diaper off when she played in the pool because why not, they were all getting soaked anyways! I had her swimsuit with us but we didn't bother with that.

Sean got to golf three times so he's a happy camper! And we met his brother at a dirt race track and they ran their remote control cars around for a bit too. We also got to go see his brother and wife's new house which looks really nice.

Sounds like we did a lot over the weekend, huh! Not as much as my dad. He showed up one morning with NO moustache! You don't know how weird that is. He grew his moustache when he was in COLLEGE! He shaved it ONE other time a few years back on a dare from my mom. But none of us got to see it in person, just my mom. So I guess we harrassed him enough that he decided to do it again. It's SO white under where the hair was! It looks really weird. I just kept looking and looking. The eyebrows made me sure he was still my dad! :) You can see the picture of him when Kaelyn was little and the post-shaving picture!

Kaelyn was doing some pretty cute things over the weekend. She was addicted to my parents baby swing. Today she was in that swing for two hours straight! Every time she wanted to go outside I'd take her out. We'd start on the front porch blowing bubbles but pretty soon she'd be tootling around to the back of the house. She'd stand by the swing and just look up at it like, okay I'm ready, put me in! She spent many a hours in that swing this weekend!

My parents mowed the first night we were there. Kaelyn always enjoys that. I was sitting in a wooden swing on the side of the house and she'd swing me back and forth a bit. Then walk a few steps away and spin in circles for awhile before falling to the ground. She'd move her head around in crazy ways like she was dizzy. I call that her crazy head thing. She does it at other times as well. Sometimes I just have to say "crazy head girl" and she'll start whipping it around. It's way cute.

Sean taught Kaelyn to "give me five" last week and she loves doing that. She also likes touching one of her fingers to someone else's fingers. My dad was calling this "give me one." I call it ET phone home! :)

Kaelyn made out well in shoes this weekend too. I got her a pair of tennis shoes and sandals and then my sister brought over a bunch of shoes from my niece from when she was little.

I got great presents for my birthday! A clock for the playroom, some shorts and shirts, a pedometer (because I'm always wondering how far we walk at the zoo!) some baking sheets because I always ruin ours fast, a flower rug for the front porch so we can put away the snowman one, and, my dad says my gift was also his shaving his moustache off! The most shocking of all!

My mom will be here for a couple of days this week and then my parents will be cruising in Alaska for two weeks. So Kaelyn and I will be on our own for TWO whole weeks. Hope she doesn't get tired of me! :)

Happy Memorial day weekend to everyone! I hope you had a great time with your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment