Monday, May 24, 2010

Zoo-various

Kaelyn is now 13 months old! Wow, she made it over a year and is thriving. Her hair is getting SO long! I almost need to do something with it soon but she doesn't like me to mess with it too much.

As you may have noticed, we love the zoo. As of yesterday we've been there 17 times this season. We started going regularly late in March. We've gotten GREAT use out of our membership! We go alone a lot but lately we've gone with lots of others too.

We regularly go with my friend Andrea and her son Logan who just turned 2. Those trips are fun because I get to see the zoo through an older kids' eyes too. Logan and Kaelyn seem to enjoy the bear area lately. They can run up and down the ramp and Kaelyn can do the stairs. I don't think either of them care about the bears as much as those things!

Last week Sean's mom came up and we took her to the zoo. We saw all the regular things and had lunch with the zebras. But Kaelyn discovered all the little rocks under the shelter on that visit. She had GREAT fun piling them from the ground onto the picnic table bench seats. I'm sure maintenance came through later and was like, why are all the rocks on the benches and not on the ground anymore?! At least she wasn't throwing them!

Yesterday my mom and sister and her kids came up for a zoo trip. My nephew, who is 4, started saying he wanted to go home BEFORE lunchtime. He was extra tired. My niece was hot for much of the day. But it was a fun trip. I think Kaelyn walked almost as much as they did! She was a real trooper. She never complained all day long, she was the BEST! The budgie birds were out and all three kids spent a long time in there playing. Kaelyn mostly wanted to put her shoes in the waterfall. They were still kind of muddy from camping but after that they were just soggy!

We sure love the zoo. I hope it doesn't get too overly busy and/or hot this summer so we can continue to enjoy it. It's something to do, it's outside, it's great exercise, Kaelyn and I both love to explore the area. We'll see who else we can visit the zoo with. Otherwise we're happy going alone or with the people we've already been with!

No comments:

Post a Comment