Thursday, May 27, 2010

Awesome baby


Kaelyn has been being a pretty awesome baby lately. Maybe she's not really a baby anymore. She's over one and has been walking for MONTHS now. She's a big girl! Just ask her! :)

Sean just taught her a pretty cute thing the other day. He'll say give me five! And she'll raise her hair and wait for him to slap it. Then she just grins like a fool. He's always teaching her cute things! And she loves it!

On her own, she has started randomly spinning in circles. She'll go around once or even several times. Then stumble around trying to get her balance back from being dizzy.

She also likes to imitate something we do after we take a big drink. You know when you're really thirsty you take a drink and say AHHHH. Well, so does Kaelyn! She'll take a drink, grin, and say Ah! Sometimes she does it WITHOUT a drink for no particular reason. The other day she was in her swing and I was singing "if you're happy and you know it" and she was saying ah ah ah, all quiet and whispery.

Sleeping is going pretty well lately (knock on wood). She's pretty much been sleeping through the night. Though she does wake up around 4 or 5am everyday and either yell for a second or roll around. In fact, I normally get up around 5 because she's SO full of motion I can't get back to sleep after the initial yell. Oh well, gives me time to run and write and email or whatever! And her naps are going much better as well. We read her books and rock for a minute and she doesn't usually complain TOO much when I put her in her bed. Lately it's more common for her to make lots of spitty mouth noises at naptime instead of cry. Hey, as long as she's happy! It must be her way of putting herself to sleep. Whatever works!

Next, with Kaelyn, I want to work on getting her to eat REAL people food. Solid, normal things, not just baby food. She seems to be like me, on the extreme side of picky. She's very particular and won't even TASTE most things. If I ever succeed in getting something into her mouth, it immediately comes right back out before she even gets a chance to taste it. I'm contemplating being mean and not giving her baby food anymore. Hoping if she's truly hungry and has no back up, she'll start eating the normal stuff. I hope the idea doesn't take her long. I don't ever want to feel like meals are a struggle. We'll see how it goes!

If I can get that established pretty well I also want to get her out of the duck tub at bathtime. I've tried her in the regular bath tub on several occasions now only to met with HUGE screams. We're talking, she gets SO mad and upset she shakes! But the duck tub is getting smaller...or is Kaelyn getting bigger? And she'll need to transition soon! Plus it's a pain to drag around with us everywhere.

Also, we will eventually need to stop the nighttime nursing routine. No hurry, really, but I would like to be done in the next few months. I don't want her to be old enough to ask for it or to remember it. Though I guess technically she's been asking for it for her whole life, huh! :) That will be a tough thing to change, I'm sure, but eventually we'll have to!

All in all, right now Kaelyn is just being an awesome baby. She's been a ton of fun and a really good girl lately. I hope she keeps it up! Things much be lining up well for her right now. All it takes is a tooth coming in or something to throw it off and the "goodness" could be gone pretty fast! I'm sure she'll have her crabby days but I'll hold on to these good days as long as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment