Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day at the Spa

Kaelyn had a tired day today. She would let out little sudden cries, just one single squawk, from 3:30am on. I finally got up at 6 and of course she went silent. She started in at 6:20 again so I got her up. She seemed REALLY unready to get up but she certainly wasn't getting restful sleep and neither was I! Poor thing. What do you do!

But the good part of the day was I spent some of it at a spa!!! First time for everything right? Sean gave me a gift certificate for our anniversary and I told him the other part of the present had to be time to USE it and that time came today! After church Sean and Kaelyn had quality time and I headed to the spa!

The package Sean gave me included three things. First was the massage. Half an hour. I could lay there all day. They must have known I didn't know what I was doing. They had to give me instructions a couple of times. Sorry, I'm new at this pampering thing! The massage was nice but the lady could have rubbed harder, really. She said once, if she was rubbing too hard to say. I should have said, no, rub harder!! But still, it was nice!

Next was the mini facial. They did a facial massage and slathered a bunch of goop on and washed it off and slathered more on. Those are technical terms. My face IS really soft now but I don't really have any skin problems so I don't know that it's something I would do again.

After that, what I REALLY needed...a pedicure. Hope this picture doesn't scare you! I should have done before and after pictures. That'd REALLY be scary! I felt sorry for the girl doing the pedicure. My feet are really not very classy or well kept. But I guess that's the point of a pedicure. I said I wanted the most obnoxious color they had. It's not like I do this everyday...or EVER. So red it was! :)

It was a great day. It was nice to get away and do something on my own. Something I didn't HAVE to do or NEED to do but just wanted to do. I think it's good for Kaelyn too. She was thrilled to see me when she got up from her second nap but she'd obviously had a great time with Sean and kept approaching him to chase her etc all evening long. And I think sometimes she gets tired of ALL me ALL the time! It's good to have a little time apart. Especially this week since my mom won't be coming over like she usually does so we'll have PLENTY of time together!

I told Sean, GREAT gift! Now I know what to ask for next time he needs an idea! It's not something I'd want to do ALL the time because it's just not my thing but it was a really fun thing to do for a special occasion. Wonderful gift idea, Sean, you done good!

No comments:

Post a Comment