Monday, April 12, 2010

Cars and Teeth and Shoes

For some reason lately Kaelyn won't let me brush her teeth! She used to think it was kind of fun but now she just pushes the toothbrush away. She even clenches her lips shut as tight as she can to prevent me from getting in there. Hope she doesn't get cavities! AT this point it's probably more for practice than anything, but we're not getting any practice in now are we!

Kaelyn's new favorite game...watch the cars!! Picture this, I'm sitting on the porch step, Kaelyn is playing on the sidewalk that connects the porch to the driveway. A car approaches...we both hear it, Kaelyn looks up to see it, then turns and RUNS back to my arms with the HUGEST grin. She jumps into my lap and just bounces as HARD as she can squealing as it passes. If I'm fast enough and feel up to it, I grab her and we run to the end of the driveway. She about bounces out of my arms when they go by. I sometimes wonder if people think I'm nuts when they see me running for the end of the driveway with a baby, pointing and squealing and bouncing (both of us!) But when I see her delighted reaction I don't care!

You can see in this picture Kaelyn's new shoes. I call them her technicolor dream shoes because they remind me of Joseph's technicolor dream coat or something. They're mostly blue but have pretty much every other color in them as well. My mom and I got them at Scheel's over the weekend. It was the strangest thing. Kaelyn has never appreciated shoes. She yells at them on sight, much less trying to put them ON her. Friday, though, she just sat in her stroller and I tried several pairs on her! I couldn't BELIEVE she let me do that. Most of them she immediately tried to yank off. These she didn't ! They were SO easy to get on too. Since she didn't try to take them off I got her out of the stroller and stood her up. With a new pair of shoes this is normally where she collapses like she's going to DIE if I don't take them OFF. But with these she just took off running around! It was great! She loves them and even seems to walk a little better in them at times. Way cool!

So Kaelyn is her daddy's daughter, she LOVES cars! She's my daughter too she HATES shoes. But both Sean and I brush our teeth so who knows where she gets that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment