Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update

Kaelyn is a little book worm! Course she turns the pages so fast I don't usually get to READ it to her. But I'm so glad she enjoys pictures. I hope her interest in books continues when she actually can read. And that someday she'll turn the pages slow enough for ME to read it to her!!

The Hawaiian shirt she's wearing in this picture is from Sean's great grandma. She brought it back from HAwaii last summer. It's an 18 month size so we wanted her to wear it for her birthday celebration since Great grandma would be there.

Okay, so when does the whole separation anxiety thing end? I know I'm probably always going to be Kaelyn's source of comfort and the one she feels most comfortable with, but when will she stop yelling at anyone and everyone else? Family, non family, people that get too close, attempt to touch her, talk to her. Come ON girl!! She's almost a year old now and you'd think she'd realize by now that I'm NOT going anywhere. I don't leave her with people other than my husband or my mom. No one ever hurts her by talking to her or playing with her. I'm just starting to wonder when she'll catch on to that! I suppose one of these days EVERYONE will be a friend and it'll be hard to KEEP her from talking to strangers! Which, as long as I'm around, that will be okay I guess. It just gets old when we have people around when she yells at everyone for just trying to be nice to her! She cowers to me like they're terrifying. They brought her presents this last time, even!! :)

I'm anxious for Kaelyn's pediatrician appointment one week from today. I need to write up a list of questions. I probably need to start giving Kaelyn whole milk. I hope she enjoys it and doesn't resist it like she does pretty much all OTHER food. I don't feel like I can completely stop nursing her until she's getting a balanced diet outside of that. Or at least until she starts getting the milk thing down. Then maybe the rest will fall into place. If she gets hungry enough, hopefully she'll eat real food? Maybe?

She's had a cold in her eyes the last few days. At least that's what I think and hope it is. They're kind of bloodshot and she rubs them like crazy and they get real watery. She doesn't have any other cold symptoms so that's good. She wasn't sleeping real well up until two nights ago when she slept through the night for the third time, yeah! And last night she slept from bedtime till 5:30, then had a nursing snack and went back to bed. So things are looking up in that area again, thank goodness. I'm starting to wonder how I will get her back to sleep at that time of morning, though, when she is no longer nursing. I'm hoping she'll just stop getting up but will I be so lucky? I kinda doubt it. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

This weekend we'd hoped to go to the zoo to celebrate Kaelyn's ACTUAL birthday SAturday, but rain is predicted so we need to think of indoor backups. So far we're drawing a blank. Until then, she's still UNDER one and still my baby! Though I imagine she'll always be my baby no matter WHAT her age!

1 comment:

  1. If you're interested in trying that cereal I told you that Logan likes, it's Happy Bellies http://www.happybabyfood.com/ at Babies R Us and Toys R Us. That way you know she'll continue to get the important DHA found in breastmilk (after a baby's done nursing there really aren't other ways they get that, but they still need it). Otherwise, the post I wrote after Logan's one year check up last year says doctors recommend 16 oz of milk per day, iron-fortified cereal (the Happy Bellies also will help prevent anemia), fruits, veggies, grains, and 2 oz of meat. . .although as you know Logan didn't do meat until he was around 18 months old and he was fine, so I'm sure no matter what Kaelyn will be healthy, too!

    ReplyDelete