Sunday, April 18, 2010

Second First Birthday Party

Kaelyn's Second first birthday party was today with Sean's family. She had a rough night overnight that involved an hour long scream session and sleeping in the rocker with daddy for awhile. She's been rubbing her eyes a lot and they're pretty bloodshot so I'm thinking she's getting a little cold in her eyes or something. Anyways, due to that long night she slept late this morning which meant she only got a 15 minute nap on the way to church. That's not a long nap! She was good through lunch and then the guests arrived and the screaming began again. She was happy in her swing a few times and enjoyed watching the boys race their remote control cars but she was definitely out of sorts. Her uncle Joe and aunt Dacia and cousin Nevaeh along with Uncle Jason, his new girlfriend, and grandma and grandpa and great grandma were all here. We all milled around and watched the car races, visited outside, Kaelyn did some swinging, Nevaeh did some chalk drawings on the driveway, that sort of thing, most of the afternoon.

Kaelyn napped started at 2:45 and she was TIRED! I felt a little trapped in her room. I closed the door when I took her in and there was so much door opening and closing downstairs and so many voices and noise I turned her music on LOUD to drown it out and then I was afraid to open the door to leave when she went to sleep. Plus I wanted to stay close by in case she woke to get her BACK to sleep because she REALLY needed that nap. I finally left her room around 4 because I didn't mind if she woke up at that point. She was STILL asleep by 4:30 so I kind of woke her because it was getting too late for her to go to bed on time if she slept much longer. We came back downstairs and she was greeted with PRESENTS! Joe and Dacia gave her a musical phone toy, a swimsuit and grass skirt, and a Hawaiian looking dress. Jason gave her a 4 wheel riding toy!! Her uncle James lives in Atlanta and didn't make the party but he sent a couple of books, including a lady bug book that she would NOT stop looking at. I wasn't sure she wanted to see anymore presents after she got that! She also had some clothes and books from Sean's aunt Myra and Uncle Brendel and clothes from his uncle Tom and Aunt Denise. Great grandma brought her a cute one piece short outfit and a birthday beanie baby. And grandma and grandpa had several cute outfits including a hot pink skirt set that Kaelyn carried around EVERYWHERE with her when we went shopping at Kohl's awhile back. They also brought her a push bubble popper and a holey ball.

After the presents we grilled burgers and out came the
cupcakes! Kaelyn didn't put any in her mouth, again, but didn't mind the three bites I gave her. And as you can see she had a great time with the whole thing! Smooshing it around was quite the process. It started with one finger poking it and ended with her gazing into the distance, worn out, I guess! Her sleeves were so messy I completely changed her when she was done.

Once that chore was complete everyone had had enough fun, I guess so we played around a bit here and there and they left. We had quite a mess of tissue paper and boxes to clean up, but that's to be expected! I wish Kaelyn had felt a little better today and been a little less screamy but at least she seemed to enjoy the presents, meal, and cake part. The rest of the day was pretty rough. I always hate it when she's like that when other people are around because I feel like they probably think she's ALWAYS like that and she's just not! Sure she has her moments, but she's a real sweet kid most of the time! Other people don't always get to see that and I wish they could!!

Kaelyn went to bed a little early, all that partying wore her out! We'll see what the night brings, if she STAYS worn out! :) Two parties in two weekends!! Whew! Next weekend is her ACTUAL birthday. Not sure WHAT Sean and I will do, a trip to the zoo may be in store if the weather is okay. I'm hoping I won't be up at 12:01am on her actual birthday to commemorate the event. We'll just celebrate the next day, Kaelyn, thank you very much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment