Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Outside vs. rainy days

Do babies talk in their sleep? I think mine just did. I just heard Kaelyn making some of her dada noises over the monitor. Then she sighed and went silent again. She sounded pretty sleepy in her speaking so I wonder if she was fully awake. It's not even 6am yet so I was hoping that didn't mean she was up for good! She DID sleep through the night on Easter. But so far just that ONE time. She's been regularly getting up sometimes between 4:30-5:30am for a snack and then sleeping till 7 or so. But compared to what it used to be like, I'm thrilled with that. And I often stay up after she gets up then and go for a run in the basement, get a massage on our massage bed downstairs, read, write, whatever. All the things I haven't really had time or energy for since she was born!

Being outside has been a REAL treat these past few weeks. Many of Kaelyn's toys don't even get messed with until the evening. Making them much more fun at that point since they haven't been over-played with by then! Kaelyn just LOVES
being outside. We play out front a lot. She likes going up and down the one stair on the porch. Playing with the rainbow windmill her grandparents gave her for Easter. Running up and down the sidewalk that goes from the driveway to the porch. Rocking the chair, as you can see from this picture. The other day she would rock it and look over at me and I'd say "rock-a-bye chair!" and she'd just giggle and giggle. Then rock it again. Most importantly, though, is watching the cars pass. Kaelyn seems to be in love with cars. She is her father's daughter! If she's down the sidewalk a bit away from me when one nears, she'll turn and RUN towards me, throw herself in my arms, then turn around and watch it pass and bounce and nod her head. She just loves to watch them zoom by! And despite the 25 mph speed limit, they DO zoom by. She especially likes the big trucks. And the bright red cars.

Yesterday we had our first rainy day in quite sometime. We
were getting spoiled being outside so much. I knew when it rained it would be harder to stay inside. Now Kaelyn's USED to going outside and remembers how much she likes it. I opened the front door so we could at least look out and she just stood at the glass door and banged on it like let me OUT! Not only was it raining but it was cold. It even hailed for a few minutes in the afternoon! We did pretty much everything inside. We played with all the toys in both rooms. We emptied every cupboard. We did laundry. We played with the easter grass, the easter eggs. Kaelyn unwrapped a present meant for a friend of ours. We even went to the library and got an oil change. The day passed much slower than the days we can be outside in the nice weather. But this summer is bound to have days that are either too rainy or too hot to be out so it's good to know we can at least still survive if we have to! Hopefully we don't have to often!

Today we have to attempt to pack. At least I have to pack. With the help of an almost 1 year old! Not the easiest job ever! :) We're heading to my parents house soon for Kaelyn's first first birthday party.

I think she's awake now for real, better go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment