Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kaelyn is one!


Today is Kaelyn’s very first birthday. I can’t believe she’s a whole year old already. She started the day off right by sleeping through the night. I think that is the fourth time that has happened in a year. Great, huh! Something like that. I can’t complain. ANY time it happens, I’ll take it! She got up at 6am and I let her nurse for as long as she wanted. She was still sleepy so she laid on the boppy for awhile and just relaxed. Then we got up and I made some toast for myself and prepared a nice warm bath for her. Bathtime is one of her favorite times of the day so she had fun playing and splashing, as usual. It was an extra long bath just because it was her birthday.

Sean and I got ready and we gave her a present my mom left for her, a cool piggy bank to keep her change in! It’s blue and has her name on the side. She’ll love it. And there was a hole in the bottom so she already loved it!

Then we took off for the zoo. We were one of the first through the gates so we breezed through the jungle and the aquarium before they got too busy. Then we walked up by the elephants because it’s quiet up there and Kaelyn got a good nap in. We swung by the sea lions and then headed for the bears. Kaelyn got out to walk there and enjoyed that quite a bit. We went through the gorilla area and had a picnic. Then through the desert and Kaelyn walked all the way to the butterfly exhibit, a long way!! She was having a great time in there looking at the waterfalls. We visited the zebras and headed home.


Once we got home Sean ran his remote control car all around the yard and Kaelyn was having so much fun with that I brought her afternoon yogurt snack outside to eat. Then she did some swinging and napping and then a couple of small presents for us...The little miss and mr birthday books, a plastic jar of foam animals to empty, and a light up music toy for the car. Along with a birthday card that sings, she loves those. Then we went back outside to play with bubbles and roll the golf ball around on the sidewalk. She was getting a kick out of running from me and I would chase her, catch her, and swing her into the air. And, watching cars, of course!


We grilled steaks for supper and Kaelyn ate a whole container of carrots and a whole container of chicken and apples. And lots of zuchinni bread and a few bites of cupcake too. She's stuffed, I'm sure! We played inside after that since it was getting cold and rainy looking.


I think Kaelyn enjoyed her birthday. She got to do pretty much anything she wanted and seemed to like it all. She was the center of attention but not overwhelmed with lots of people. I asked her if she wanted to have another birthday next year and I think she would prefer to have one next WEEK. It was a great day, I wish we could have this much fun EVERY day! That would be way too cool. But good days and bad, we made it through a whole year together! I can't believe we will no longer be saying she's 11 months or 10 months. No, she's over a WHOLE year old now!!!


Happy birthday Kaelyn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment