Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

Kaelyn's first Easter started out as a huge miracle. She's about 11 1/2 months old now and she FINALLY slept through the night! She was real crabby the night before so I put her to bed a tiny bit early. She nursed herself to sleep and was OUT by 8:15. Normally it's more like 8:30. She slept from 8:15pm-6:50am!!! I did hear one quick wah at about 4:30am but she must have just rolled over because it was short and to the point and nothing more so neither of us had to get up to check on her. AN EASTER MIRACLE! Maybe Kaelyn was just waiting for a memorable date so I would easily remember the first time she slept through the night. As we approach bedtime, I'm just hoping it's not the ONLY night she sleeps through! :) Time will tell! So now you know why I look pretty happy in this picture!

Sean saw Kaelyn in her "easter" dress and said everyone was going to wonder why she had on a valentine's day dress. Well, I said, God is love so it makes sense! :) I chose this dress for many reasons. It was my niece Nicole's dress so we didn't have to shop. It fit decently. We had a pair of red pants that would look okay under it in case it was cold, which it was for awhile. It was short enough that Kaelyn could crawl in it without getting hung up. It was kind of a t-shirt looking dress instead of a frilly dress. I'm REALLY not into dresses. As you can tell by my khaki-flavored Easter outfit for myself! Plus, what does it matter what Kaelyn wears, she's cute in anything!

We wanted to make it to our early church service at 8:30 this morning. Kaelyn got up at almost 7 and then nursed and nursed and nursed. So we had just under an hour to get ready. I don't take much time getting ready and Kaelyn and I didn't play as much during her bath so we even had time for some easter egg fun before we headed out. Kaelyn is much better at removing the eggs FROM the baskets than putting them in. Every now and then she'll put ONE in but usually just one. And it gets tossed right back out. Since we were in a bit of a rush we left the house strewn with easter eggs. ALL over. And I do mean ALL over. What do you do.

We made it to early church and Kaelyn was running around in the back before the first hymn. She usually makes it in our laps through at least that part, but not today! We usually go to late church which is AFTER her breakfast and first nap, but early church meant breakfast time AT church. Kaelyn didn't really want to eat in our laps so I went to the church basement and found a high chair and she really chowed then. That worked. I missed the sermon and a hymn but what do you do. She happily played on the floor in the back of the church for the remainder of the service.

After church we headed to Sean's parents house an hour away for lunch. Kaelyn filled her diaper and then slept the whole way. When we got there I realized I had only ONE diaper in the diaper bag! I couldn't BELIEVE it! I take that thing with us everywhere but I BARELY ever use it. I just hoped she didn't fill another diaper in the few hours we were there...but she did. Luckily Sean's mom had some freebie diapers she had been sent in the mail or something. It worked! And when we got home I STUFFED the diaper bag with diapers! :)

We had a great ham lunch and Kaelyn spent much of the day in the swing they hung for her and in a little red wagon which I dragged around the yard for over an hour. She liked that bumpy ride! She got some easter presents and enjoyed tossing the easter grass around quite a bit. She slept the whole way home and was in a great mood when we arrived.

Kaelyn's first easter was a great success! Good Friday was not such a good friday, she was a real crab. I'm glad things turned around for us the rest of the weekend! I think maybe part of her knew that Good Friday signified the day our Lord was killed. She's too little to understand that three days later he rose again! Now that she knows that she's in a better mood! I can't wait for Kaelyn to grow up and learn more about God. It'll be fun to see faith through the eyes of the child. What we're all supposed to do anyways. Easier said than done!

We have a lot of plans this week, it'll be busy and go fast...we hope! Next weekend we head to my parents house for Kaelyn's birthday party with them. Let the cake smashing begin! What are the odds she'll put any cake in her mouth? Slim to none. But I know she'll enjoy smooshing it up!

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing that Sean's mom had some emergency diapers for you! That is still one of my worst fears (that I will be somewhere with Logan and out of diapers when he really needs one)! I love her dress - super pretty!

    ReplyDelete