Monday, June 21, 2010

Another camping weekend

We were going to go camping this weekend but all the spots where we wanted to go were full. So...we camped at Sean's parents' house! We took the camper and parked in their driveway. They have an acreage out in the country so there was lots of room. It probably worked out better that way anyways because there was more to do. And when it rained, on several occasions, we were able to go into their house and have more room to run around.

Kaelyn REALLY enjoyed their wagon. I pulled her around and around in that thing. Half the time when we would go outside she'd grab my hand and lead me over to it. Hint hint. The other half the time she'd lead me around to the back of the house where the baby swing is and put my hand on it so I'd know that's what she wanted! Here's a picture of her playing horseshoes with Sean. She got that plastic set for him for father's day. Thoughtful of her! :)

We went to a lake on Saturday. We took the camper over. Sean's family went boating and Sean and Kaelyn and I wandered around. The boaters came back and picked him up while she napped in the camper. I read and then napped too! When she was up we went over to a beach, which she did NOT like. She didn't like having her feet in the water. She didn't like the sand. She didn't like the beach! Sean found a nearby swing and she was happy again. We got a little crispy! My shoulders and neck are REAL red. Just from that short time at the beach! Luckily Kaelyn was well covered with spf 90 suntan lotion! Guess I should have borrowed some from her!

Sunday morning we kind of forgot it was father's day but after Sean and I were ready and I was giving Kaelyn a bath we remembered to give him his present. I can finally say what it was! Kaelyn and I went to Wal-Mart to the "Picture People"store in the front and got our picture taking. Sean had been saying he needed a new picture of me because the one he had at work was taken before we were even married. So it's like 9 years old, probably. I did one better and got a picture of Kaelyn AND me! Here's our favorite one. They also took several shots of just her, which ALL were very cute. It was her first time going to an actual picture place. Sean always takes her pictures at home and they're always REALLY cute. But I couldn't exactly surprise him with this picture had he taken it, huh! :)

The camping weekend went well. Kaelyn slept pretty well in the camper which makes me look forward to our Colorado trip even more. I still don't look forward to the long drive. I hope that part isn't painful. I guess there's no way to tell for sure until we're on the road! But at least I know we should be able to sleep since she does pretty well in her tent in the camper. She gets the kitchen table that folds down into a bed. Sean put cork board up on one side so it's pretty much like a crib. We put blankets up from the corkboard to the cupboards above it so she can't see us walk by to go to the bathroom or whatever. It's her own little tent! She seems to like it okay!

Last night I got pooped on pretty majorly. Kaelyn was in a HUGE mama's girl mood. I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water and she followed me SO frantically she slid into the fridge trying to get to me. I picked her up and she got SO upset over the ordeal she pooped. It was a chain reaction. Let's just say we both ended up taking off everything we had on! And that didn't do much to calm her down! She was pretty tired from two short naps that day so I'm guessing that was why she was as upset as she was. Putting her to bed helped and she's her regular happy self this morning. And we're both bathed and clean again too! :)

I'm still contemplating cutting her off baby food. I think I might try it today. We went to the store this morning and got bananas and some other things she MIGHT eat if she gets hungry enough! I may give it a go at lunch time. I'm not sure what else to do. It seems like she's not willing to even TRY anything as long as she has baby food to back her up. So if I take that away, just maybe... Or maybe it'll be a long day with a hungry baby! To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment