Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kaelyn and Ollie

Ollie is becoming quite the baby lover. Well, he's at least very protective and curious about her. He has a playing dead pose he takes on in the summer months. Not that it's really hot in here, we have air conditioning! Kaelyn likes this pose because she can pet his tail without him noticing. But he knows. And somehow he knows the difference from when she does it and when I do. She usually pats him as he walks by and sometimes if she's sitting playing somewhere he'll rub against her on his way by. I think they're going to be quite the buddies someday. I know Ollie is protective over her. When she was a tiny baby and would have screaming fits I'd be walking around the house trying to calm her down and Ollie would follow me, nipping at the backs of my legs. Like, what are you DOING to that poor baby?! He was very helpful. Just what I needed! A screaming baby AND a biting cat!! When she got bigger and would nurse herself to sleep at night, I'd sit in the chair in her room and he would hide behind the chair. Several nights I didn't know he was there
and they had a slumber party. I found him in the chair in the morning, happy as a lark to be in the same room as her. I started checking behind the chair. Not that he was bothering her, but I didn't want him getting up and meowing and waking her or something. Today he usually likes to be in the same room as us to watch the play. From a distance. But just to know what's going on! He definitely likes when she goes to bed because then he can nap with me or sit in a chair on my lap and get REAL attention. My FULL attention! It doesn't happen often so he takes it when he can get it! Though he gets somewhat more attention then in the past because we're home all day everyday as opposed to me being away at work.

Someday when Kaelyn is bigger she and Ollie will probably be best friends. Maybe he'll even sleep with her and follow her around. I know he likes her, in his own stand offish sort of way!

No comments:

Post a Comment