Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Surviving our weeks alone

Kaelyn and I have been surviving our weeks alone. One day at a time! The first week we were alone a LOT. We went to the zoo twice and the library once, a day of errands as well. ALL alone. The final day of the week we drove two hours to meet a friend and yes, we had Chick-Fil-A! :) We hung out at a mall and visited Target and Kaelyn was SO good the whole time. She slept most of the drive on the way there AND back so it was great.

This ball toy has been her favorite lately. It was her favorite when she was around 9 months old and then she kind of got over it for awhile. Now she's back into it big time! Maybe because she now understands how to pick the balls up and put them in herself. She was playing with it this afternoon for about an hour, just giggling away!

My friend Stana, who I met in college, is back visiting her hometown and she came down for a few days to visit. She was around all afternoon yesterday and we went to the zoo today.
I'm pretty convinced she should not only move here, but move in with us. Or at LEAST spend ALL of her time with us. Because every time she's been around Kaelyn has been a perfect little angel. Smiling and giggling and being her cutest. Napping when she's supposed to and not crying about it. I keep telling Stana, I wish she was ALWAYS like this! She probably thinks I have NO reason to complain about this kid! And for the last few days, she's right! But she has her moments! Which are sure to become plentiful once Stana leaves so I'm pretty sure she just shouldn't leave! :) Plus, yesterday when Kaelyn was napping she baked a WHOLE load of cookies. Probably about half of which I've eaten by now. Okay, maybe not half, but I'm getting close!!

I felt pretty awful this morning, though, I must have (or Kaelyn must have) gotten suntan lotion in her eye. I think I put it on her face and she rubbed it over into her eye. Her eye turned red and she just rubbed and rubbed it and her whole forehead on that side of her face got blotchy like it had
a rash. Poor thing. I wiped her eye and face well (which she didn't appreciate) and it got better after that. I put lotion on her EVERY day and this has never happened before. She must have gotten a pretty good chunk in her eye. I sure felt bad!

She also took a nice sized trip in the driveway the day before Stana arrived. She was playing her golf ball throwing/chasing game and took a tumble. I saw it happen and really thought she had just fallen on her hands. I thought she caught herself. So I walked over and picked her up as she screamed thinking she had just startled herself and was like, oh, you're fine, don't cry! Then I looked at her and she had a HUGE lump and bruise on her head. I was very apologetic for doubting her! :)

I must have interrupted her play to take this picture. It looks like I'm going to get the ball launched at my face, doesn't it!

This weekend we're going camping near where Sean's parents live. It's supposed to be pretty hot so hopefully it isn't too miserable since we'll want to be outside most of the day rather than stuck in a small camper! We plan to camp two nights. Probably a good idea. Last time we camped only one night. This time we can do two and then in July when we go to Colorado hopefully we'll be ready for a full week!

Kaelyn and I can't wait to give Sean his father's day presents. The one thing she picked out (I can't say what in case he reads this) we'll probably give to him early because he might want to use it camping this weekend. The thing we had more special made for him we'll wait to give him Sunday. Assuming he doesn't run across it before then since we'll have it in the camper and space is limited and all! :)

I think naptime is almost over. I hear activity. I was napping too but was rudely interrupted by a telemarketer asking for Sean. First of all, he's not home. Second of all, he's not buying whatever you're selling. Third of all, it's naptime people!!! What I actually said was simply, "take us off your list" but that's what I was THINKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment