Friday, June 4, 2010

Birthday



Well, today's the big day! I'm not longer in my 20s! Kaelyn and I partied hard yesterday to make the most of the remainder of my 20s. I think I re-broke a toe, we went to the zoo, and had lunch with some work friends. Plus there was the wagon ride, the bubble blowing, the napping. Whew, we did it all!

So far 30 feels pretty much the same as 29! Though I did let myself sleep in this morning! I woke up at 5 like I normally do but just rolled over and went back to sleep! Good for me! Maybe I need more sleep in my old age!

I remember birthdays being pretty magical when I was little. I would have big parties with lots of friends. Since my birthday was usually JUST when school got out and the weather was nice we'd have outside parties. Usually we'd draw with chalk in the driveway as people gathered. Play games with water balloons, pin the tail on mickey, have ice cream bars for the treat, things like that. Scavenger hunts in the neighborhood got big as I got older too.

When I turned 16 my parents REALLY got me good. They threw a surprise party at a big indoor park (probably more meant for kids but whatever!) I don't remember where my mom said she was going but my dad and I were home alone. He wanted me to take him for a drive to make sure I was a safe enough driver to start driving alone that summer. He made me get on the interstate and we drove by a place they played volleyball. When we got close to that place my dad said he had to go to the bathroom NOW and to pull over. So we went inside and he walked RIGHT past the bathroom, I was like, hey, there's the bathroom!! Then I turned the corner and ALL of my friends were standing there. Believe it or not, my first thought was, all my friends are here, why didn't they invite me?! Then they yelled surprise and I finally started putting it all together! :) We played on all the equipment for a few hours and then went back to our house and played pool and all that good stuff. That was one of my more memorable birthdays. I can't believe it was almost half my life ago!!!

Today Kaelyn and I plan to hit some neighborhood garage sales. That's about all we have in mind for the day! Nothing special going on. If she has a good day, I will! So let's hope she wakes up well and continues that pattern all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment