Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cute sleeping

Don't you wish we could all be this cute all the time? Sometimes when Kaelyn is going to sleep I hear her squeeze the rubber duck. It squeaks and she giggles. She's not exactly sleeping, but it's sure cute! But eventually this is how she ends up. I'm still not sure what it is about the rubber duck that she likes so much. It's not soft or cuddly. But it works for her! We had four of them but they get lost here and there and we're down to just one. The one she stole from the children's museum, actually. There HAS to be another one in the house somewhere because I know she lost one around here. We just haven't run across it yet. Two were lost at the zoo so those two are goners for sure.

We're surviving our week alone so far. And we have been completely alone so far. Not only is my mom away on vacation but we haven't been able to get together with any friends. We have plans to meet a friend on Friday, but the rest of the week it has been JUST us. We made two trips to the zoo and had one errand day/trip to the library. Today
we have to go to a place and pick up a thing. Can't say where or what in case Sean reads this. It's for father's day. :) We have to go between 11-1245 or something like that. And that's our ONLY plan for the day. Maybe we'll have lunch somewhere just to be out for a little longer. Otherwise, we'll play the day away unless I think of anything else to do!

I do think Kaelyn is getting tired of me, though. It's good for her to be with other people here and there. Last night after we got home from the church potluck she and Sean played for 15 minutes or so. You should have heard her squealing! It was the most noise she made all day! As much as she enjoys my company (or so I tell myself!) sometimes she wants to hang out with someone else for awhile!

Last night was night three of no nursing. I haven't exploded so that's good. It hasn't even been THAT painful compared to the other feedings I dropped in the past. Kaelyn cried around for 20 minutes or so last night before cashing it in. That's hard to listen to because I know if I just nursed her she'd go right to sleep peacefully. But I can't do it forever! Well, I could, but that's just weird.

Speaking of sleeping, I think she's awake now. And the day begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment