Monday, June 14, 2010

Eat Mud!

This isn't a great picture, but it's the best I could do under the circumstances. If you've read this blog before you may remember that Kaelyn doesn't really put things in her mouth. She doesn't eat table food no matter how hard I try. Today...she ate dirt. We have a huge heavy cement planter on the porch. It's empty but has some remnants of dirt in it from last year. Kaelyn was digging around in it today, no big deal. However, she found a dirt clod, a little muddy ball, and decided she wanted to taste it. DIRT! Now, for most kids this probably isn't unusual, kids put EVERYTHING in their mouths. Kaelyn does not. Hardly ANYTHING goes in there except her fingers! It's been a bit of a struggle. All this good food I try to get her to test and she eats dirt?! What does that say about my cooking?! Anyways, she didn't enjoy it. She started gagging and choking on it. I tried to get it out but by that point the dirt ball was no longer a ball, it was just a bundle of mud. So there was nothing I could do but let her eat it and help her wash it down. We went inside and I gave her a drink and wiped what came back out off her face (after taking this brief picture!) I can't believe this kid! I gave her strawberries for supper and she wouldn't do anything but poke them, but she ate DIRT!! I give her bread, carrots, beans, meats, you name it. She ate DIRT! Maybe she's trying to tell me she wants a change in her diet. No more good things, no more colorful items, just dirt will do. Though, like I said, she didn't enjoy it! But she ate it!! More than I can say about any other food. Not that dirt is food! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment