Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Showing Off

Kaelyn is entering the show off stage. She's still a little skittish around people, but if it's people she knows, or people that just stay back and watch her, she's a big show off! My mom arrived yesterday and she immediately entered her show off mood. She hid behind the tv and popped out, playing hide and seek or peek a boo. When we were looking at a lift the flap book she'd lift the flap and grin real big. But she wasn't looking at the book, she was looking at my mom. See this book?! See me lift the flap?! Are you watching?!

She was the same way when my friend Stana stayed with us for a few days last week. She giggled and grinned and ran around. In the evening when she was having a little nudey time, she bent over and looked at Stana through her legs. Quite a sight!

And she is getting a little better with people. Though she still sticks close to me and doesn't want people touching her! We were in the library the other day and she was playing happily so I walked maybe 10 feet away from her to check out books. There was no one else there except the librarian. But the librarian's desk was between me and Kaelyn. The librarian was BEHIND the desk, but still! I
looked back over at her and Kaelyn was looking at me, reaching her arm out and her little face was all crumpled up like she was about to scream a big one! Now, had the librarian not been between us I'm sure she would have just run over to me. But to get to me, she would have had to go PAST someone else, the horror! That someone is SO nice and couldn't have gotten to Kaelyn if she tried since the desk was in the way! But whatever, Kaelyn doesn't think that way just yet. She just knew I was too far away and she didn't want to walk past someone else to get to me!

But she is better with her separation anxiety. She doesn't yell at people as much. Just pushes them away politely with her hand! :) Someday she'll get over it and I'll be like, oh, I remember the day when she ONLY wanted mama! And now she's happy with anyone! I'll probably miss it.

This weekend I'm speaking at Morning Star Lutheran Church. I got nervous about it yesterday because my contact there emailed me asking for a bio so they could introduce me. That makes me sound like a real, valid speaker! When they first asked me to give a guest sermon they asked for a picture too so they could make flyers and publicize the event. I'm like, but I'm not someone important or special that people would come to see! They have a Saturday night service and two Sunday services. I figure after I speak Saturday night they'll tell me they're okay for sunday, no need to return, ha! I won't think about it again until Saturday so hopefully it won't make me nervous. Talking to people in person is SO different than radio. Just because I talk on the radio all the time doesn't mean I'm completely comfortable with public speaking! When people are there actually LOOKING at me, it's a whole different story!

Hopefully Kaelyn will be in a cute showing off mood and not a "mama only" mood since I can't bring her with me to the front. That'd be a little distracting!! Especially if she bent over and looked at everyone through her legs! Though I don't intend on letting her have any nudey time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment