Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ALMOST sleeping through the night

Here's Kaelyn in the midst of snack time after her second nap. She still won't put anything in her mouth. Here's what she does when I give her the snack bowl. Sometimes people say, she won't put anything in her mouth...what happens if you give her a bunch of things. THIS is what happens. And I don't care, I let her do it everyday!

So, the big news, Kaelyn ALMOST slept through the night! Let me explain...technically they say the definition of sleeping through the night is like 5 hours, midnight-5am or something. That is NOT my definition. My definition is sleeping from the time she goes to bed until the time she gets up...like 8pm-7am. She didn't get up till 6am! And then went back to bed. That was a close one!!!

Yesterday I decided to experiment with her nursing. I wanted to try to cut out the 2pm session leaving only the first thing in the morning and last thing at night sessions. She got cranky near 2pm so I fed her yogurt. She was on her princess toy and I was pulling her around and she'd get bites every time we went past the bowl. It took half an hour but she ate the WHOLE container and was then happy again. She napped normally and woke up happy so I deemed it a success...only problem? I about exploded! Nursing moms can relate. I was REALLY ready for her to go to bed so she could nurse! And she had plenty to eat at that time! I told my husband if she isn't filled up now for the night, she NEVER will be! And apparently she came pretty close! Making it till 6 and all!! How exciting. I thought this day would NEVER come. And it almost never did after over 11 months! :)

Today my mother-in-law is coming up for some shopping and tomorrow we'll hit the zoo with a friend. It's supposed to be REALLY nice this week so I'm sure we'll also spend a lot of time on the swing Sean hung up yesterday. Kaelyn's in love with it. #1 she's outside. #2 she's swinging. #3 she can put her finger in the safety belt. Life is good.

Speaking of fingers, Kaelyn was clutching the 1/8tsp measuring spoon when nursing before bed last night. When I went to put her in bed it wasn't in either of her hands and I couldn't find it so I figured oh well. It won't hurt her. When she got up at 6 I saw it in the corner of the bed. So I guess she slept with it all night. Whether she knew it or not!

I hope tomorrow night is even better than last night. Maybe she'll sleep till 6:15...or have I just jinxed myself and she'll be up all night?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment