Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trying to find the right toy



Kaelyn is 11 months old on March 24th, 2010. Her big thing right now is tossing stuff. She likes to inspect things and then toss them in order to go on to the next thing. This includes tupperware from the cabinet (remind me to wash any and all measuring spoons before I use them!) coasters from the low tables, empty CD cases I leave on chairs just for that purpose, stuffed animals from the footstool, toys from her high chair tray, papers from the fireplace, and even toys from her very own toy box as is evidenced in this video. Give her a box full of random stuff and she's happy inspecting each piece and then tossing it. One of her favorite times to do this is snack time after her second nap. She snacks from a small baby food bowl. Cheerios and veggie puffs, things like that. I usually sit her on my lap and we read books and have snacks for awhile. Then when the snack bowl is more empty I turn her loose with it on the floor. Snacks everywhere, as you can imagine. And yes, I feed them to her from the floor (she still won't put things in her mouth herself). I clean the floors on occasion and a little dirt never killed anyone, huh! :) You do have to watch out where you sit, though, when she's going at it on the toys in her bin. Some of them are hardy and plasticy and hurt if you're sitting too close!!

No comments:

Post a Comment