Thursday, March 4, 2010

Babies and Stairs

As you can see from this picture, Kaelyn has on shoes! They're called Robeez, I think. They're just little pieces of leather/canvas, there's not much to them. And she DID still protest in putting them on. My mom put them on her when she was nursing. Then we went and ran some errands and had lunch and Kaelyn was SO still and calm the whole time. But once we got home she had gotten used to them and I had them on her again today. It hinders her walking a little but she's adjusting.

Also, in this picture, she's on her favorite toy. The one grandma and grandpa (Sean's parents) left here last time they visited. I dread their return in case they take the toy back home with them! Kaelyn rides it ALL the time! We hooked up a felt pull on it so I can pull her around slowly instead of bending over all the time. She honks the horn when she wants to start up again if we stop for whatever reason. Yesterday I was stopping by the big back windows because there were a bunch of deer out there and she watched them for quite some time. But then honk honk, time to go mama!

From the title you may have guessed, Kaelyn climbed her first stairs today. We were playing in the playroom which is right next to the stairs that go to the upper level. Sometimes she'll crawl over to the stairs and pull herself up on the bottom one and pound on it or whatever. Today she did that. Sometimes I use that time to read a couple of sentences in a magazine I have nearby or whatever. Today I watched her and she put a knee up on the bottom step. Uh oh! So I got real close and sure enough she pulled that other knee up after it and away she went. She went up four steps before she herself started to wonder what she was doing. Then she turned around and tried to dive back down face first. That's where I came in! :)

Our event of the day was lunch with an old college friend of mine. He's not all THAT old...just a year older than me! ;) But I hadn't seen him in almost two years despite only living 30 minutes apart. We met during his break from work and got caught up. Kaelyn eyed him warily but never yelled at him. But then again, he never held her, touched her, or got all that close to her! :) I did end up with wet pants during the lunch. Kaelyn ate like a horse but when she wanted out of her seat, I had her sit with me. I gave her the lid to my water and she was happy with that for awhile. But proceeded to dump the water on my lap eventually. I had to change when we got home. And ride in VERY wet VERY cold jeans all the way home. It was ICE water, afterall.

We played for awhile after that then emptied the dishwasher. Kaelyn is a big help with this. I carry her and empty with the other hand. She pounds on whatever I get out as I put it away. It was right before naptime and she ended up with a big long ice tea spoon. The things she chooses to take to bed! Once she was relaxed and asleep I managed to pry the spoon from her fingers. I put it at the end of the bed far from her feet. When she got up, I went in and she was sitting up, spoon again in hand, happy as a lark, holding it up for me to see. She must not have been quite done napping, though, because I picked her up and she cuddled into my shoulder and fell back asleep for 10 minutes. Spoon still tightly clutched.

She's having fun with the tupperware at the moment. But I Think they're ALMOST all out of the cabinet so I better go see what I can do about rearranging them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment