Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rock the kitty

Another one of Kaelyn's favorite games is rock the kitty. The cat doesn't really appreciate being woken up from his naps, but he's a good sport about it. He just takes the ride or gets up and leaves. He and Kaelyn have become pretty good buddies, though, really. He often guards her door at night or sometimes even hides in her room when I close the door. I don't even know he's in there till the middle of the night. He'll just be sitting in the chair across the room from her. And he still hates it when she cries. He'll just howl and howl. But thank goodness she doesn't cry that much anymore!

We went to the zoo yesterday, taking my mom as a birthday treat. We were there for two hours but saw a large majority of the zoo. Kaelyn got a little nap in in the stroller but was awakened by those darn peacocks howling. They sounded like a huge cat in pain or something! Stuff it peacocks! Don't you know there's a baby napping?! In the jungle portion of the zoo there were these mid-sized monkeys howling too.
They sounded like lions. I really thought they had moved lions into the jungle! I'd never seen them before but you never know! When we finally found the animal making that roaring sound it was these four monkeys! Sheesh! Think they were hungry or what?

We had so much fun at the zoo and it was SO nice out I'm seriously considering another venture there today on our own. It's going to be nice again and we have no plans so why not!

Speaking of today, I think I hear Kaelyn rousing now. She was nice enough to let me run a mile this morning while she slept in a bit. I ran it in a little under 11 minutes this time. I JUST started running again this week. I used to run about an 8 minute mile so it'll take a little time to get back! But it's nice to move again after 11 months of just moving when she wanted me to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment