Monday, March 8, 2010

Life with a Wiggly Toddler

Going places where you need to sit semi still is becoming more of a challenge. We used to go to church on Sunday and Kaelyn would sit happily on my lap and look at books or play with a few toys. No more! Now it's I want down down DOWN. I want to go go GO! I think she lasted 10 minutes this last week. So I took her to the back of the church where there's a big open area thinking she could crawl around. Did she want to crawl around back there? Of course not! She wanted to crawl right down the aisle of the church, where all the action is! Redirecting her just made her mad. But what do you do! We made quite a mess with toys back there. And breakfast time hit so we made a mess on my pants with banana yogurt too. I forgot to bring a bib. Why that means it ended up on my pants, I'm not sure.

Yesterday we went to the community center for a MOPS (Mothers of pre-schoolers) group playdate. I knew we wouldn't be there long because the meeting was at 10am and Kaelyn slept in that day meaning naptime would be at 10:30 or so. That place is really neat, though. It has a great pool with a baby side that even has a slide. I think we'll be going there someday and having a great time. Just as I thought, everyone arrived and we just started playing and chatting and Kaelyn was having fun, but then fell. And falling near naptime is super traumatic. She got screamy so we had to go. She napped in the car and was good to go after that. We didn't have anything else to do that day. I did try to take a walk after lunch since she seemed to like the stroller at the zoo the other day. However, the stroller was similar to a car ride, I think and she was looking VERY sleepy. Since I didn't want her to fall asleep and ruin the afternoon naptime, we headed home pretty fast and put away laundry instead. Kaelyn is very helpful, as you can imagine. She stands at the laundry basket and throws clothes out behind her. She's not much on sorting or folding, but what do you do! :)

Today I'm hoping to take her by work to see a fellow co-worker who I used to work with and is now back with us. I haven't seen him in years so it would be fun to catch up for a few minutes. We have a Culver's lunch date out that direction anyways. Which means if someone sits in a booth next to ours, they'll get poked. And lids will get played with. And tossed! :)

I'm still working on weaning a bit. I got her down from 5 feedings a day to 4 pretty easily. We're trying for 3 now but it's not as easy. For the most part it's going okay, but she's starting to sense that I'm trying to change things, I think.

Also, overnight, my husband has started going to her more so she won't eat as often. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. She's been up for longer at a time, but is sleeping in later as a result! I don't know which I prefer! She's hanging on my leg now so I guess I better go play!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment