Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hand it over



This is Kaelyn's new favorite passtime. Sean hung the swing under the deck over the weekend and now every time we go down there she reaches for it. She doesn't want to swing on the big swing with me anymore...bummer for me! I will miss those cuddles. But she sure loves this baby swing! If I raise the swing up as high as I can reach and let go I usually get a nice sized squeal or at least a big smile. I usually have her hat on but when it's nice enough she loves feeling the wind in her hair as she goes up and down. She just chills in there. It seems to relax her quite a bit. She leans back and enjoys the breeze and grins. I think we'll be spending quite a bit of time with that swing! We already have and it's only been one day!

Yesterday Kaelyn and I went to Kohl's with my mother in law. She wanted to get some spring clothes for Kaelyn and do a little birthday shopping. She got her several things, among which were a pair of white sandal shoes. She left those
here for us to try because as you may remember Kaelyn hasn't been the biggest on trying on shoes! I still don't know if she'll wear them but she absolutely LOVED handing them over last night. Sean got home and all she wanted to do was hand him her new shoes. Then take them back. Then hand them over, then take them back. That's one of her big things right now, handing people stuff. Rocks, toys, shoes apparently, whatever. Isn't is nice of her to share? I hope that sharing attitude continues! I know kids usually reach a stage where everything is "MINE, MINE!" I'm glad to see that Kaelyn has a good sharing attitude...at least for now!

Today we're going to hit the zoo. We haven't been in...let's see...three days! So we're feeling a little out of the loop with our favorite animals! :) I'm looking at this picture in the swing to the right and I still can't believe how old she's getting. Kaelyn will be one year old in less than a month! She's been toddling around since 9 1/2 months and practically running since 10 months. What new thing will she come up with for a year? Maybe putting things in her mouth?! That would be nice...as long as she sticks to just food items. What are the odds there? Probably not good. A mother can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment