Thursday, March 18, 2010

How to entertain a 10 month old

Here's a video of what Kaelyn currently enjoys. Quite a bit! This is actually from a few weeks ago. Since then I have attached a belt to the toy to drag her around. Though I don't go nearly as fast that way. She'll honk the horn if I stop somewhere. Go mama go! I like to have her on the toy at suppertime while I'm cooking. I'll drag her around the kitchen, stop, flip the chicken, she'll honk honk honk, we'll go around the kitchen again, I'll stop, make the drinks, around again, etc! This toy is what we spend most of our time playing with. Whether she's riding it, pushing it, or standing beside it pushing buttons on it.

Kaelyn has also gotten into emptying cabinets in the kitchen. When I need a few minutes I'll plop her in front of the tupperware cabinet and open the door and she goes wild. Sometimes she'll empty every single item and other times she'll just take out the measuring spoons and throw them around.

She has a small tiger on wheels toy that we keep on top of the toy box in the playroom. This toy has been the key to MANY hours of entertainment. Kaelyn throws it on the floor, I put it back up, etc. I have to say WHOA when it hits the floor or it's just not the same for her!

Kaelyn also still HIGHLY enjoys the burp cloth game. I put the burp cloth on the couch and say, now don't you touch that! You leave that up there! Don't you DARE! Etc. She looks at me and grins, moving towards the cloth, watching me out of the corner of her eye. We both know what she's about to do. RIP, down comes the cloth. HEY! What do you think you're doing?! I shout. She either bangs on the couch in excitement or throws herself into my arms giggling. I take the cloth, put it back up and say, now you leave that up there this time! Repeat. It hardly ever fails. Sometimes when Kaelyn is riding the princess toy THROUGH that room she'll jump off JUST to jerk the cloth off the couch. :)

Laundry can also be fun. Sit her in front of a basket of clean clothes and she'll empty it! One sock at a time! Of course, nothing is neatly folded or sorted...more just throw on the floor in a jumble, but whatever!

Metal chairs are a source of endless entertainment. Put something on the metal chair, Kaelyn throws it off, then beats on the chair making all sorts of fun noises. When we go out to eat once she's tired of the high chair I always get down on the floor with her, pull out a chair, and let her toss something off of it. This usually buys us a good chunk of time to stay AND keeps her happy all at the same time.

Kaelyn probably thinks we do all these things for MY entertainment. And I guess they DO keep me entertained! We could probably do all of these things and more in an hour. So these items get done over and over again in one day's time, that's for sure! Along with playing with every toy within reach several times and outings for groceries etc. We can't wait for spring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment