Sunday, March 14, 2010

Swinging




Kaelyn had a big weekend. We went to visit my parents in Iowa. Friday night we gathered to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. We had supper, he opened presents, ate cake, played games, that sort of thing. Saturday was his big birthday party at a Rainbow Playstation indoor play place. There were a bunch of swing sets that kids could play on and swing and climb and slide. Kaelyn got to swing in a baby swing for the FIRST time. She LOVED it. She was in that swing most of the time we were there. She was either real calm and cool about it or grinning and squealing. Depending on how high she was going, I guess. We have a baby swing in our garage that now we just MUST get out and hang ASAP! I want to hang it under the deck where it's nice and shaded so we can swing the summer away! My husband has to get some hooks to hang it with, but I hope we can get it up soon because she was so calm in it and loved it so much and the weather is getting nicer so let's get to swinging!! Kaelyn also got to slide a few times. She wasn't impressed at this point. I think Sean took video of her swinging but no pictures, bummer!

Also in our weekend trip was plenty of Chick-Fil-A! I still can't believe we don't have one around here. I worked at Chick-Fil-A all through high school and part of college. Usually when a person works at a fast food place they NEVER want to eat there again but I actually want to eat there MORE. It's just SO good. So my parents try to take me there as much as possible when I'm visiting so I can get in as much as I can when I can! :) I don't protest. The nuggets, the fries, the lemonade...okay, now I'm hungry.

Today we went to the zoo again. It was a VERY successful trip. No complaints at all! Though I guess it was a little chilly. IT was supposed to be 50 and sunny, wonder what happened to that! We got there when the zoo opened at 9:30, met my friend Andrea and her son Logan. Both kids were perfect angels. Stayed in their strollers, enjoyed the ride, looked around. I was SO hoping that Kaelyn would take her morning nap in the stroller so we could keep going and I wouldn't have to leave so soon. Logan and Andrea went to the petting zoo part of the zoo so I kept Kaelyn moving in the stroller and it worked like a charm, she fell asleep nicely and slept for nearly 1/2 an hour. She was a happy camper when she got up. We saw pretty much all of the indoor parts of the zoo and a little outside. But like I said, it was a little cold, so we stuck mostly to the inside parts. Even the jungle worked this time! Kaelyn just looked around and cooed, not scared at all this time around, yeah! I can't wait to go back. Maybe later this week? :) The shorter nap and all the sights must have worn her out because she fell asleep nursing at 2. She hasn't done that in quite sometime.

The zoo trip and the semi nicer weather and the swing ride this weekend made us realize...WE'RE READY FOR SPRING! Can it be here already? My husband said there might be snow in store this weekend and all I can think/say is NOOO! Being stuck inside is the pits! And Kaelyn and I are BOTH happier when we can get out and do things. She's going to be hard to get INSIDE, I think, once the weather is nice!

I think we need to make a grocery run tomorrow and perhaps a trip to the library is in store. Though I may try to check out a lot of the same books we have because she likes them so much. Maybe another zoo trip later in the week? I think we'll have that place memorized in no time!

Within the last few days Kaelyn went from walking a few steps at a time alone to walking all the way across a room alone. She's walking just as often as she is crawling now. For some reason, when she's naked, she practically runs! Must be the freedom from the diaper. I definitely say she's officially walking pretty confidently. Though of course she flops down on occasion! She's still doing pretty well with nursing less. 3 times a day is all, down from 5. She's eating more baby food at mealtimes and snacks between. Though she still doesn't put anything in her mouth on her own. And she doesn't like REAL people food. She still gags on it and pushes my hand away after trying only one bite. I'll keep trying! She has to get used to it eventually! I doubt baby food can sustain her forever! Especially with spring (hopefully) on the way and her running around only mounting!

Perhaps later this week or at least over the weekend we can get the swing up so when we don't go anywhere and it's nice we can swing the day away. Options of things to do is a GOOD thing with a kid! Short attention spans, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment