Wednesday, July 28, 2010

15 months

Kaelyn had her 15 month doctor's appointment today. Just a check up and some shots. Kaelyn doesn't appreciate the pediatrician...OR her nurses. How DARE they take her temperature! Though I tried to tell her taking it in her armpit was WAY nicer than how they USED to do it! How DARE they look in her ears! And push on her belly! And oh my, you better not even THINK about taking her blood pressure! She was screaming good before the shots were even a thought.

This time, instead of weighing her on the baby scale, they had me stand on a scale WITH her and then without her. Perhaps because she was being quite the little screamer or maybe at this age they don't need to be REAL exact, I'm not sure. Anyways, she weighs about 25 pounds now putting her in the 80th percentile. She didn't appreciate being measured for height either. But she survived and is 30" tall, in the 40th percentile. Does that make her a bit round? Whatever, she's healthy!

After all that she sat on my lap and sniffled and sobbed and clung to her cup and her duck and my shirt. Poor thing. It IS a hard life, being a baby. She was scared to death.

I asked the doctor about her eating, she won't eat many table foods, though she HAS just started picking up on wheat bread so that's good. She said it's a texture thing and to just keep trying and not to be too concerned with it yet because she's healthy and growing well. I also asked how much milk she should drink and she said 18-24 ounces a day is good and I'm thinking Kaelyn gets at least 18 sometimes more so we're set there. She also said her fear of strangers is still normal. Though when I say strangers I mean everyone but me, Sean, and my mom! Even other family members and friends. What do you do!

Then came the shots. That's awful because she's already scared and then you have to put her on a table and hold her down and stick her with needles. She stopped screaming from that pretty fast, though. Just continued with her sobs and sniffling. She recovered the second we pulled into our garage at home. She knew where she was and she let out a little squeal and was her old self again. The next 30 minutes I chased her around and she played like nothing had happened. Then I stuck her in the swing and she pulled off her remaining bandaid and played with that. Gross, but hey, whatever works. It's quiet upstairs now so I'm hoping she's sleeping the rest of the trauma off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment