Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Colorado Trip-Seven Falls

On Tuesday the golf was over and my parents were still there so they came over to the campgrounds first thing in the morning and we took a drive through the mountains so Kaelyn could nap. When she woke up we went to seven falls. It's really pretty there. There are, well, seven water falls! :) There are 224 stairs that you can climb to get to the top. Sean and I had done that 10 years ago when we were here last time and we wanted to do it again. My parents didn't really want to make the climb and I didn't want to carry Kaelyn up that far anyways so they took an elevator up to a viewing platform and Sean and I climbed the steps. When I got to the top I kept looking around for more stairs. It didn't seem like it should have been 224 stairs that fast. Not sure why. Sean and I both remembered it to be a lot longer of a climb last time, whatever that means for the shape we're in! Kaelyn enjoyed throwing a ball around in the cave that led to the elevator so she was thoroughly entertained

After we saw all of the falls we could handle we went to Chick-Fil-A again for lunch and then we went to Old Colorado city to explore the shops there. I got a Colorado hooded zippered sweatshirt for my souvenir. I always seem to do that. Get something warm to wear when it's hot out! And if we go somewhere in the winter I always get a t-shirt. So I can't actually wear it for quite some time, but what do you do!

After our shopping/wandering around that city we went back to the camper so Kaelyn could nap. My parents made a Dairy Queen run so that was tasty! When Kaelyn got up we went back to Manitou Springs. Sean had seen an old fashioned picture shop. He and I went to Estes Park, CO for our honeymoon and we had done an old fashioned picture there. That was just over 8 years ago and he thought it would be fun to do again. It was fun 8 years ago and a few things changed since then! Kaelyn being the big change!

So we picked out what type of picture we wanted and they gave us our clothes. My mom came back with me and Kaelyn to help. I put on the dress thing they gave me...and see, there's a reason I don't wear dresses! Kaelyn FLIPPED out! She was crying like she was getting a shot or something! But once I took her she calmed down a little and we were able to get her little dress on her. When we went back out and got ready for the picture she sat in my lap like a little doll. She just SAT there. Arms out and stiff, not moving a MUSCLE! They tried and tried to get her to smile. I was shocked that she didn't squirm or try to get down, she just SAT there. VERY unlike her! It was pretty funny, really. What she looks like in the final picture is what she looked like in EVERY shot they took! But hey, it worked! After we were done with the picture we ran into some of Sean's family as they wandered the shops so we got to see them for a few minutes. It was weird that we were all in the same city and we barely got to see them! Too bad, but what do you do!

My parents took us back to the campground and they took the cog train up pikes peak. They said it was really neat. Sean and I had done that 10 years ago when we were there. We wanted to do it again but with Kaelyn, we were a bit afraid. It was a 4 hour round trip and we didn't want to get stuck with an upset baby on a train so we passed this time. Maybe if we visit again sometime we can go then! We just grilled out at the campgrounds instead and played on the playground etc there instead. After the cog train my parents were going to return to their hotel and then leave for home the next morning. All of Sean's family was leaving the following morning as well so it was just going to be us left to continue the vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment