Monday, July 19, 2010

Colorado Trip-Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

On Sunday of our trip the guys went golfing. They had 10am ish tee times. My mom came to pick Sean up and dropped them off at the golf course which was only 15 minutes away. I stayed at the campgrounds with Kaelyn so she could nap. I put her in her tent for her nap and she stood up and threw a huge fit, though she was REALLY tired. So I climbed in with her and she fell right to sleep that way. Wish I could have too but it didn't work out since I wasn't very comfortable!

When my mom got back we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo! It wasn't very far away, but it really was on a mountain! It was very hilly and the views were really neat. Right inside the zoo are about 14 giraffes. They're really close and you can even feed them. We didn't, but I DID touch one! Never touched a giraffe before! The rest of the zoo was really hilly and really confusing...even with a map! It was like there were all these
fingers you had to go down to see things but then you had to turn around and go back. There was no flow. And all of the exhibits except the giraffes paled in comparison to the Omaha zoo. And it was $4 more to get in!

Kaelyn found some puddles to stomp in and liked running up and down the hills some. But really, she was off that day. She was tired from the rotten, short first nap, and she just wasn't herself. She was really hard to please and didn't want to walk and didn't want to ride sometimes. She just didn't want anything! She didn't eat much lunch, but she ate a ton at snack time. It was nice and sunny but didn't feel overly hot. That low humidity is really wonderful, I had no idea!! Since Kaelyn was being such a handful I was relieved when she fell asleep early at 2.
Actually, I kind of thought she was almost asleep at 12:30, but she hung in there! My mom and I walked around and around the giraffes since that was the coolest part while Kaelyn slept for an hour and twenty minutes. We REALLY saw those giraffes!

After the zoo we went back to the campgrounds and waited for the guys. We weren't back but an hour and here they came. We had all been invited to Sean's cousin's husband's uncle's house. Got it? Not sure I do! :) So we went over there for supper. Since Kaelyn was still on the Nebraska time we left just about as everyone else in Sean's family was arriving, but at least we saw them for a FEW minutes! And we were able to grab a hot dog before leaving too. Kaelyn liked running the fireplace at that house. And in and out of the back door. She explored the yard a bit and had me throw her on the couch. She even got ahold of a remote and changed the channel on the tv once before I put them up higher where she couldn't get them. Quite the little trouble maker!

When we got back to the campgrounds they were having an ice cream social so I grabbed a bowl quickly before putting Kaelyn to bed. QUITE a bowl, there was a TON of ice cream! But I managed! Kaelyn went right to sleep again. She likes her little tent! The next day was more golf for the guys...EARLY golf! And more exploring for my mom, Kaelyn, and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment