Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

Kaelyn loves her swing, really she does! Just because she looks totally bored in these pictures... :)

We didn't really have any plans for the 4th of July weekend. Not for lack of trying! Sean's cousins were going to go camping nearby so we were going to visit them one of the days. But then they changed their plans. So no visiting. We asked some friends to come over for a BBQ but they were going out of town. We checked with Sean's parents to see what they were doing and they were going over to some friend's house. At that point I think we gave up! :)

So Saturday Sean mowed and Kaelyn and I hit the library for a bit. That was pretty much the extent of the day. Sunday we plan to go to church and take a test ride in the camper (more on that later) and Monday we have some grocery shopping to do. Big time plans, right?! :) But hey, it's a nice relaxing weekend and at least we're all together!

As for the camper, Kaelyn hasn't really ridden in it since August. She was pretty little back then! We're going to Colorado for a whole week pretty soon and we thought it might be a good idea to take a test ride to make sure her seat fits okay and she likes it okay. Not that it matters if she doesn't at this point. We have our plans set! We've done a couple of test weekends actually camping and that has gone well. Kaelyn has slept pretty good and enjoyed running around in the limited space of the camper. But I've always driven my car separately from the camper so she's never actually ridden IN it. At least not since August. She'll only have to put up with the ride for 10 hours when we head to Colorado!! Oh boy. Could be a long drive! But we've arranged it so we'll take full advantage of naptimes so hopefully that will help.

The last couple of days Kaelyn has had some major screaming fits. I'm wondering if there are some molars bothering her. Yesterday morning she woke up very unhappy. I went in to her room and she was just rolling around screaming. Usually in the morning she pops right up and stands up so I can pick her up. Not yesterday. I let her roll around for awhile while I stood there waiting for her to stand up. She never did so eventually, after we had long since woken Sean, I just picked her up and took her downstairs. She wouldn't drink her milk, she wouldn't eat, she just wanted to scream. She was SO upset she had REAL tears and a runny nose! Just not like her. I finally just sat at the kitchen table and held her. She was even struggling against that for awhile. But she calmed down eventually and ate a little and was fine after that. I don't know WHAT the deal was! She was EXTRA cute after her morning nap, though. Maybe she had teeth bothering her, maybe she slept weird, maybe she had a bad dream. I'm the first to admit I really don't know what I'm doing here! It's a new adventure everyday it seems. I hope not to have to endure many more of those fits, though. It's so hard to know what to do when everything SEEMS okay and yet they scream anyways!

I'm doubting we'll get to see any fireworks this year. Kaelyn goes to bed at 8 and it's still quite light out at that time. Maybe there will be a display on tv we can watch. I think that's what we did last year other than what Sean's dad set off in our backyard. Happy 4th to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment