Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back from vacation blues

I could not BELIEVE how well Kaelyn slept while we were on vacation. I'd put her in her little tent bed in the camper and she'd just roll over and go to sleep, no complaints! Even when she didn't go RIGHT to sleep, she'd just lay in there, happy as a lark, until she DID go to sleep. One of my theories about that was that she had more room. The bed in the camper was a double sized bed. So she could lay either direction and be fully stretched out. She tried to do that in her own bed when we got home and as you can see, the result is quite uncomfortable!

Being back from vacation is tough. We looked forward to it for SO long and now it's just over! Kaelyn slept SO well on vacation and we were out and about doing different things, it was nice! I also think Kaelyn greatly enjoyed being the center of attention at all times and having undivided attention. Don't get me wrong, she gets such attention at home quite often. But there are also phone calls, cooking, laundry, emails, etc that distract her from being the ONLY thing I'm concentrating on, you know? She got quite used to that on vacation and that was probably part of why she liked it so much! That and her camper bed!

I tell you, that camper bed! Amazing! I miss it! Can we go camping again? Even though she went to bed at about the same time, she got up a little later each morning. And HAPPY! At home she'll start rolling around and crying at 4:30 or 5. She's not really awake but she's working on it. This will continue for two hours or so. I get up because it's so frustrating to JUST fall back asleep and have her roll over and burst out with another cry or two. In the camper...nothing. She'd just get up when she was done sleeping, she didn't have to work up to it at all. It was awesome. I didn't have to nap during the day because I actually got to sleep at night. ALL night! I got a lot of reading done during naps because we were all in the camper so I couldn't move around or talk much and we weren't at home so I didn't have any chores to do, really. It was nice!

I think Kaelyn was excited to get home and see all her toys again but she gets pretty bored pretty easily so I think she preferred all the different things we were doing on vacation. Though I did take her to the zoo the day after we returned and she had SO much fun there. She missed her zoo.

We have weekend trips planned here and there, like last weekend we took the camper to Sean's parents house and camped out there. There was a family baby shower and a baptism all in one weekend. Little trips like that are great, but it's just not the same as being AWAY away, you know? We don't have another big trip planned until NEXT July, ugh! Though Sean MAY get sent to Las Vegas on business in January so we may get to go there for a few days. Kaelyn would stay home. With my mom, don't worry! :)

Since getting home, Kaelyn has started sleeping in on occasion, which is really nice. She's slept till 7:30 three times. And 7 a few other times. I think she really NEEDS to sleep until 7 or 7:30 because the past couple of days when she's gotten up at 6:30 she has NOT been in good spirits and goes back to bed within a few hours and naps for a long time. I don't understand why she doesn't just sleep till she's ready to get up! I know she's not ready to get up for the day at 6:30 and yet she's crying and crying so I can't just leave her in there by her lonesome!

Her other issue right now is real people food. Table food. She's getting more brave and trying a few more things. She's started to like wheat bread and she tried a tater tot the other day. But she still won't even try fruits or veggies. And she throws up a lot when she DOES eat something. We went to the splashpad park nearby on Monday and I got her to try some dried fruit. She had a banana chip and liked it and I gave her a dried piece of orange and she seemed to shovel that right in. About 10 minutes later she threw up. A LOT. So much I had to change her. She's done that before when I've fed her the REAL yogurt that has chunks of fruit in it. She hits a chunk and either spits it out, gags, or eats it and then throws up. I'm glad she's seeing the doctor tomorrow for her 15 month appointment so I can ask about that.

Seeing how well Kaelyn slept in the camper I seriously consider getting her into a bigger bed. We'd have to make a full sized bed into a crib somehow, because she rolls around SO much she definitely needs a bed with sides. But she really seemed to like the extra room! I don't know that I've talked Sean into the idea just yet, though! :) Just look at that picture, the poor thing! :)

We have been pretty busy since getting back, though. We have another family baby shower coming up this weekend and lots going on during the week. I look forward to finding out the details on Kaelyn's current stats at the doctor tomorrow. I'm sure she does NOT look forward to it, especially the shots!

I guess we can't be on vacation ALL the time. Tis back to the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment