Thursday, July 8, 2010

Packing frenzy

My husband says the sideways pictures are some kind of application problem with the iphone so hopefully apple will fix it and we can get an update. Because it's annoying to have to tilt your head to see what's going on.

Anyways, this is a picture of bathtime the other day. Our cat Ollie LOVES fresh water. I've read that some cats just like the taste of it better. They can tell the difference and some like it fresh from the tap instead of out of a bowl. One time when I was in our whirlpool tub a LOOOONG time ago, Ollie managed to get a drink while I was in the tub without falling in. I was impressed. And glad because I didn't really want my relaxing bath interrupted by a howling wet cat. I think that might have been his goal here in this picture but the water level was just too low and he never could figure out how to safely get a drink. So he just perched there and watched for a bit and eventually moved to the toilet to observe where he would for sure by safe. Kaelyn did poke him a few times so he knew he was risking getting pulled in.

The last few days have been a packing frenzy. We're going on vacation to Colorado soon and I wanted to get as much packing done now as possible while my mom's here to watch Kaelyn. Packing is MUCH faster when I can use BOTH of my hands! We're taking the camper so not only do we have to pack the normal clothes but also food, shower towels, bedding, all that good stuff. We figure it's going to be about a 10 hour drive. We're going to leave before Kaelyn's morning nap and take a lunch break and let her run around a bit. Then drive farther during her afternoon nap and see where we end up. That'll be day 1. Day 2 we'll go the rest of the way, however much farther that will be. Wish us luck! I think if she has a good, sleepy day, the drive won't be so bad.

We're staying at the Garden of the Gods campground. It looks nice online. Has a pool and playground and even things like pancake feeds. We plan to go to the Royal Gorge one day while we're there and otherwise probably just bum around Colorado Springs. Oh, and of course, Sean has two days of golf outings, but otherwise our plans are pretty open. I hope the weather is nice so we don't get stuck inside the little camper. Kaelyn seems to enjoy it in there for limited amounts of time. But playing in there for any LONG period would probably be tough. I'm sure there are inside places there we can find things to do as well.

This will be our second vacation with Kaelyn. Last summer we went to Kansas City with my family for a few days and stayed in a big cabin there. It was a nice close place where we could go and do some different things but not be TOO far from home. Next summer we plan to take another family trip to Branson where a couple from our church owns a nice big house and offered to let us use it.

But let's focus on this vacation first. I think I'm pretty well packed but now I have a list of last minute things that I can't really do until the morning we leave. Which is a bummer because Sean wants to leave at like 7:30am. So getting up and getting all that packed AND getting Kaelyn and me ready might be pushing it, but we'll make it! I hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment