Monday, July 19, 2010

Colorado Trip-Garden of the Gods & Fof

On Monday of our Colorado trip the guys went golfing again. EARLY in the morning. Their tee times were 8 something and the golf place was like an hour away. So my mom picked Sean up and dropped he and my dad at the hotel where the rest of the guys were staying so they could get a ride from there. When she got back we headed to the Garden of the Gods to walk around. Kaelyn napped in her stroller and then wandered around with us. We went to the visitor center and looked at the gift items there. Kaelyn enjoyed playing with a bin of pencil erasers.

She was still out of sorts most of the day. Just hard to please and not her normal chipper self. Even though she seemed to sleep really well in the camper and had a nice long nap in the stroller at the Garden of the Gods.

After we got done there we went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A. SO nice to have one nearby!! It wasn't far from my parents hotel. They even had free wifi so I was able to get my emails sent and receive the new ones. There was a play area too so Kaelyn explored that a little. Then we went to the Focus on the Family visitor's center because there was a big FREE kids area. There was a toddler room, even, and Kaelyn became attached to riding the turtle. As well as climbing the bridge and crawling under a log. There was a three story slide as well, but she didn't attempt that this time around! Maybe next time! There were several rooms of fun things for her to explore. We headed back to the campsite in time for her nap and she took a nice long snooze and my mom and I read. When she got up it was time to throw her ball around the campgrounds again while we waited for the guys.

Once they finally arrived (they thought they'd be back around 1 but didn't end up getting there till 4!) we headed to Manitou Springs, which was a touristy spot just down the street. Sean and I had tried to go there before but couldn't find anywhere to park the camper so we thought it would be good to go there when we had my parents car to park more easily. We looked through some shops and Kaelyn found this water table toy to thoroughly enjoy. It was just outside a kids toy store. Not for sale or anything, just to attract kids, I guess! She was pretty well soaked and probably never would have left it had we not wanted to move on. Actually, we came back to it later to let her play some more!

The neighbors down the street were watching Ollie, our cat, for me. So I got them a little circular stained glass hanging thing that had a puppy and kitty on it and it said "Friends". I also got them a Dairy Queen gift card. The neatest store along the Manitou Springs streets was a blown glass store. TONS of big and little glass items. Some were very small and delicate looking. Smaller than a penny. Very easy to lose, I would think!

We drove through Wendy's on the way back to the campgrounds for me to get some supper. Sean and my dad ate such a late lunch they weren't really hungry. My parents headed to the Flying W ranch for their dinner and show. I had gone there last time we were in Colorado Springs 10 years ago and it was fun so I hoped they would go and they did! We would have gone too but the dinner started at 7 (8 our time!) and the show at 8 (9 our time!) and Kaelyn was going to bed at 7 because that was 8 our time! Got that? And she went right to sleep again! Luckily, Sean got our camper tv working and we were able to watch the Bachelorette after she went to bed! :)

The golfing was over and the guys had to hang out with us from then on! Poor them!

No comments:

Post a Comment