Thursday, July 1, 2010

Outside fun


Aren't kids the best when they're asleep? So peaceful and sweet! But they just don't sleep that much! At least mine doesn't! But being outside helps to wear her out.

When we're outside Kaelyn enjoys chasing remote control cars. I dropped ours the other day and broke a piece that we now know can't be fixed. So I got a real cheap one at Walmart and we tried it out this afternoon. She loves it! She likes when it chases her or comes over to her slowly and then she gives it a push to start it up again.

Another of her favorite outdoor games is toss the golf ball. She'll take a golf ball (or more recently two) and throw it across the driveway into the grass. Then we have to go retrieve them and throw them the other way. Occasionally they get tossed into the street and bounce down the hill away from our house. This is upsetting to Kaelyn and I have to carry her down to get them back. Which is no fun for me! So we try to avoid that travesty, but what do you do! It happens!

The other golf ball game involves her sitting on the porch and throwing the golf ball over the edge into the grass. At which point I "get to" retrieve it and hand it back to her. And then she tosses it again immediately. Lots of fun for me, as you can imagine!

Bubble blowing is also fun. Especially if the bubbles land and stick in the grass without popping. Then they can be popped by baby fingers. Much more fun than popping on their own!

And Kaelyn has a pink car that neighbors gave her. She won't ride in it but she loves to be chased BY it!

Wagon rides are also a good time. She has a foam rocket that she holds onto and sticks her finger in and just sits there looking around and chilling out.

Kaelyn has tastes chalk on a few occasions and made a few hash marks on the sidewalk. But mostly she tells me what to write! :) Things like welcome home daddy. And pictures of weird looking animals that I do my best to draw! I think I have more fun with the chalk than she does, but she DOES like emptying it from the box and putting it back in!

I don't know WHAT we're going to do when winter hits and we're stuck inside all day everyday again!

No comments:

Post a Comment