Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mishaps

Again, I don't know why these pictures are sideways, but they'll do I guess!

Yes, Kaelyn knows how to turn on an iphone. She pushes the button and slides her finger across. Then continues to push every button she can until she gets bored. She's done things to it I don't even know how to do! :)

When I was a kid it seems I had several mishaps. I don't remember them and I (supposedly!) did them innocently. One time I set off the fire alarm in the library by opening a fire door. I guess it wasn't quiet in the library that day! Somehow I pulled over a whole rack of shoes at a shoe store. And I completely shut down an escalator by messing just right with the hand rail. Sometimes kids just do things! Whether they mean to or not! I don't remember doing those things so I can't say if I meant to or not. But my mom believes it was all very innocent so I'll let her keep thinking that!

This past Sunday in church Kaelyn was running around, as usual. At the back of the church was the elevator. She's been fascinated by that for quite sometime. She can't reach the up and down button so she reaches FOR it. Sometimes I push it, the doors open, and she hops right on. We ride up or down, then go back to the main floor. This was no big deal until this week. Inside the elevator, she discovered she could reach some of the buttons! Oh joy! What buttons are lowest on this particular elevator? The call button, so you can talk to people if you're stuck in the elevator. And the alarm button, so you can make a loud bell ringing noise. She chose the alarm button. Things like that always seem to happen in a split second, but in slow motion. I could see her going for it. I could see what was going to happen. And yet I could do nothing to stop it. It was only a split second of an alarm...three times. And I wasn't sure anyone even heard it. Later my husband told me he had heard it in the church. And therefore I'm pretty sure most everyone else did too. But what do you do! Perhaps she takes after me in that way. Initiating mischief!

I know I've talked about how Kaelyn won't eat ANYTHING or put much in her mouth. Last week we went to some friend's house for dinner. She LOVED the chocolate chip cookies as you can see from that picture. She chowed as much of that as we would give her. Down the hatch! And all over the face, I might add. So now we can add chocolate chip cookies to her things she will eat. Among the gram crackers and veggie puffs and zuchinni bread. Not exactly a balanced diet! Good thing baby food gets her some fruits and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment